The Advisor – Technical SME is responsible for the technical and functional impact analysis, design & review activities associated with development of software releases for the CVS Retail Pharmacy systems. Strong technical, functional, and interpersonal skills are key to perform this role successfully. The current suite of systems includes multiple applications including, but not limited, to the Tier 1 systems for Retail Pharmacy (RxConnect). The Advisor will partner and collaborate with the development manager, business analysts, architects, quality assurance, business partners, developers, and project managers in order to deliver Business change and innovation into our Java based business applications software. The Advisor will be involved throughout the development life cycle of a product and must be able to deliver an efficient solution, as well as identify and properly mitigate any risks to the product before deployment to production.
- Overall 5+ years of professional IT experience
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in Requirement Analysis and Design
- Experience for projects delivered via Waterfall, Agile, and/or XP methodologies
- Proven experience as technical SME (with domain knowledge) in understanding business requirements and translating into software solutions
- Meeting with various end users/Business groups of the application to decide project scope
- Proven experience in Story grooming while working with Business/Business Analysts
- Designing the solution to meet the business requirements as part of To Be Flows. Discussing Gaps and Workarounds at the To Be stage with the business and obtaining concurrence.
- Strong hands on experience in understanding and analyzing functional and technical function points, finding gaps in functionalities or in/out Data conditions which need to be fixed before implementing enhancements.
- Knowledge on object-oriented design and design patterns
- Expertise in Functional aspects of Pharmacy Domain. Knowledge of Prescription dispensing System will be a plus
- Extensive experience in preparing the functional and Technical solution documents
- Experience in figuring out ways to improve workflow proposed with planned changes in initiatives and improve benefit to end users
- Experience working with developers to explain and clarify Requirements and act as Release SME
- Work with Development Manager to review defects during development Iterations, identify recurring patterns and provide recommendations
- Responsible to improve on code quality focusing on defect containment
- Understanding and functioning with internal/external interacting systems via SOAP/REST Web Services
- Basic understanding of HIPAA practices
- Exceptional ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Working experience on an Active-Active Site implementation of software Application Preferred Qualification
- Database knowledge – Oracle 11g or higher, MySQL or MariaDB, Oracle PL/SQL, Data Modeling concepts
- Strong leadership and presentation skills to share reviews/feedback on business Requirements to executives
- Good interpersonal skills, dedicated, disciplined, hardworking and a team player
- Strong communication skills
- Flexible to work in onsite/offshore model
- 1+ year successfully working in IT projects in an Agile development methodology. Knowledge about Agile Tools (Rally, Jira, etc) will be a plus
- Knowledge of Enterprise Gateway Solutions
- Experience with Best practices implementing End to End, Unit Testing & Integration Testing
- Working experience on an Active-Active Site implementation of software Application
- Conceptual Knowledge of Replication Technologies e.g. Oracle Golden Gate
- Clarify the Functional & Technical issues that may come up during the Dev/Test Cycles
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related Technical field or comparable work experience required
- Master’s in Computer Science related program preferred
It’s a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or email@example.com. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.