SAIC is looking for a multi-media specialist with a background and degree in art related field with an ability to enable ideas using technology are ideal for this position. Specifically, animators with degrees in computer animation, computer
science or similar, or in art-related subjects, included design and graphics would be appropriate. Candidates must present a strong portfolio for review and be able to generate original design and layout ideas to support professional publishing requirements. Candidates will need a strong working knowledge of After Effects as well as Microsoft and Adobe product lines, such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, and MS Power Point. Additionally, they will need the ability to conceive and produce professionally edited short "videos for a variety of uses for this position.
Core duties include compositing final shots with After Effects, image manipulation with Photoshop, research new techniques, and participates in identifying and integration of new software/hardware into customer workflow. Candidate also participates in development of solutions to problems of unusually complex which require a high degree of ingenuity and innovation. Challenges are often unique and solutions may serve precedent for future decisions.
- Current TS/SCI with Poly
- 4 year degree in visual arts or similar or 6 years professional multimedia experience
- Over 5 years demonstrated experience professional graphics or 3D animation working in graphics production, animation film production studios and/or video game development.
- Candidates will need a strong working knowledge of Microsoft and Adobe product lines, such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Indesign, and MS Power Point.
- Expert level After Effects and Motion Graphics experience
- Expert level Photoshop knowledge
- Experience in 2D and 3D Motion tracking
- 3D Animation experience
- Experience as a compositor
- Ability to conceive and produce professionally edited short videos for a variety of uses for this position.
- General knowledge of digital media forensics
Animator with hands-on experience working a wide variety of tasks like story boarding, scripting, rigging, layouts, rendering, lighting, surfacing, modeling, post-production and special effects, prototyping, 3D modeling, markerless facial mapping, live rendering, and photo-real high definition resolution imaging are all needed.
- Maya (preferred)
- 3D Max (if no Maya experience)
- Experience with organic modeling, lighting, texturing, and rendering
- Unreal or Unity experience
- Video production experience
- Video Editing knowledge, Premiere or Final Cut
- Photographic and camera knowledge (staging, lighting)
- Faceware by Image Metrics NVIDIA
- Cinema 4D
- Experience as a team lead or project manager for graphics, multi-media, animation, or production projects.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability