T. W. Frierson Contractor, Inc. is searching for a Project Management Assistant to work in a busy commercial construction office supporting multiple Project Managers and field supervisors in the administrative and coordinating activities of construction projects. This position does not require any travel and resides in our main office.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Produce subcontract agreements, change orders, purchase orders, and purchase change orders, perform related data entry and storage, distribute to field supervision, and process executed contracts for all projects assigned;
- Produce owner contract and change orders in AIA software system as well as related data entry and storage for all projects assigned;
- Produce project drawing logs at the beginning of each project;
- Download drawings and specifications into Procore software system;
- Produce compliance report twice per month for all active projects to review status of project documentation receipt, contacting appropriate parties for missing documentation;
- Call vendors of subcontractors once a month to confirm subcontractor is current with payments;
- Perform data entry of project estimates at the beginning of projects;
- Perform data entry of approved owner change orders;
- Work with project management to request receipt of project close-out documentation from subcontractors, perform data storage of received items and produce O&M manuals for owner;
- Send out final lien waivers to all project subcontractors and perform related data entry and storage;
- Produce drawings for field supervision and/or project management as needed;
- Provide front desk relief for breaks and occasional lunch periods;
- Take minutes of bi-weekly project management meetings.
- Perform additional assignments at supervisor’s direction.
Knowledge, Experience & Competencies:
- Minimum of a high school diploma
- Minimum of one year of work experience in a construction environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with competencies in business writing, grammar and spelling
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and planning capabilities
- Good interpersonal skills with customer-service orientation
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations using a calculator
- Ability to produce quality work in an efficient manner with little supervision in an ever-changing environment
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and internet-based applications; prefer experience with Vista by Viewpoint construction software, Procore, AIA software, and Bluebeam
- Ability to operate basic office equipment including computer, printer, copier, fax, and scanner
- Ability to work Monday through Friday, at least eight hours per day, five days per week between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Who We Want On Our Team
We are creating a foundation for people to thrive! Not just for our employees, but for our clients, subcontractors, and vendors. We hire individuals who connect with this core purpose as well as our five core values:
DIG THE PIT – “That’s not my job” isn’t in our vocabulary. Each person does what it takes to get the job done right. Regardless of rank or tenure, if the pits needs digging, you dig the pit.
TEAR OUT THE CONCRETE – We strive to do the job right on the first try. And when a mistake happens, even if it could go unnoticed, we owe it to our team to tear out the concrete and fix it.
CLEAR THE SIDEWALK – We’re responsible for the experience we create. While some people prefer to “roll out the red carpet” for a select few, we like to clear the sidewalk for everyone.
4AM DOUGHNUTS – We always go the extra mile to show appreciation and gratitude. Small gestures, like delivering 4am doughnuts for an early morning concrete pour, make a big difference.
TREAT OTHERS LIKE FAMILY – People are at the heart of T. W. Frierson. We work hard because we’re accountable to one another. We don’t just build buildings, we build careers and create meaningful relationships – we treat others like family.
Our core values are not just words on the page - they were inspired by real employees demonstrating them daily.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
- construction industry: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Which of our core values do you connect with the most and why?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift