The Office of Student Volunteerism (OSV) at the University of Texas at Dallas empowers students to become lifelong, actively engaged global leaders who seek to understand, advocate, and respond to community issues and needs. We build high-impact volunteer service experiences that offer students the opportunity to learn about critical social issues and contribute their time and talents in a meaningful way.
The Program Coordinator will serve as a Responsible University Official (RUO) for off-campus service projects and leadership events, manage the OSV Student Leaders, and assist with the coordination and facilitation of events, programs, and special projects such as: Alternative Spring Break, Viva Volunteer, the UT Dallas Community Garden program, the Recurring Events program, National Day of Service events, and freshman engagement programming.
Minimum Education and Experience
-Bachelor’s Degree-One to three years experience working in higher education setting, preferably in Student Affairs.-Six months to one year experience of supervision of Student Workers (indirect or direct supervision).-An equivalent level of education and/or experience is acceptable.
Preferred Education and Experience
• Graduate coursework in higher education, Student Affairs, or related field
• Three or more years of professional experience in service program development and implementation in a higher education setting
• Compelling interpersonal skills with a capacity to build positive partnerships and establish credibility with a wide range of constituents, both internal and external.
• Knowledge of program design, implementation strategies, and evaluation methods.
• Ability to design and implement service programs that meet student learning outcomes and achieve desired co-curricular goals.
• Proven ability to work independently and in a highly-collaborative team environment
• Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and ability to work with students from diverse backgrounds
• Ability to multitask in a high-energy environment, including working on multiple programs simultaneously
• Demonstrated reliability and project follow-through
• Excellent judgment and diplomacy required
• Strong customer service skills
• Highly motivated and detail oriented with strong organizational skills
• Flexibility and willingness to participate in seasonal domestic travel
• Strong interpersonal, influencing, mentoring and coaching skills
• Experience with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required
• Strong social media networking skills
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop volunteer projects that educate, connect and empower UT Dallas students.
• Serve as a Responsible University Official (RUO) for off-campus service projects and leadership events.
• Assist with the coordination and facilitation of OSV events, programs, and special projects such as Alternative Spring Break, Viva Volunteer, UT Dallas Community Garden program, Recurring Events program, Freshman Engagement programming, etc.
• Hire, train, and manage OSV Student Leaders. Monitor job performance through weekly meetings and bi-annual evaluations. Create development opportunities to promote life skills and job readiness.
• Create and manage promotional and marketing strategies including social media and website development.
• Promote volunteerism and service on campus and around the community. Maintain relationships with university departments, student organizations, local agencies and community partners.
• Manage details in the registration system, including creating/editing accounts, posting volunteer opportunities, and approving event timesheets.
• Attend and serve as a representative at University orientations, expos, fairs, and other informational events and workshops.
• Assume additional responsibilities as required.
Priority will be given to internal applicants.
Special Instructions Summary