Potomac Management Solutions is seeking a full time Junior HR Classification Specialist for a projected need to provide support for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives (ATF).
Job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Monday - Friday 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
General Required Qualifications:
- Respond to difficult issues involving complex projects/problems regarding classification that require expert advice and/or authoritative policy interpretations.
- Provide recommendations on the impact of significant position classification problems or issues that may involve a single organizational element or an entire division.
- Contribute to the design, standardization and streamlining of initiatives to reengineer or improve agency-wide functional processes related to classification management policies, standard operating procedures and automated systems.
- Assist ATF supervision and management with the development of position descriptions to meet organizational needs and classification requirements.
- Conduct and fully complete legal review, designation, approval and certification processing for classification requests.
- Maintain documentation of classification records, manuals, files, position descriptions and other supporting papers.
- Develop standard position descriptions and/or guides covering major job groups within the ATF population to establish and maintain position uniformity and consistency.
- Conduct and document desk audits to determine the accuracy of position descriptions and the appropriateness of existing position classifications.
- Provide information and interpretations of the agency's position management and classification procedures, practices, policies, and guidelines.
- Provide technical advice on classification program improvement, review policies to evaluate effectiveness of current policy/practices or develop same to ensure consistency within the agency.
- Document and summarize results of studies and assessments and prepare reports and presentations suitable for presentation to management.
- Develop job aids, briefings, and training to improve efficiency and enhance awareness on a variety of position classification management topics.
- Provide briefings or formal instruction on position and classification management to ATF personnel.
- Prepare routine reports related to the status of work output, progress on special projects, or the results of assessments or studies.
- Perform routine and repetitive document management and clerical duties for all aspects of assigned work functions.
- Utilize a computer-based human resources information system (HRIS) to document work output, process administrative functions, and run reports.
- shall have excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience developing detailed formal reports for submission to supervision; facilitating collaborative workshops; providing telephone support; and providing briefings and presentations.
- experience shall be such that they are considered an expert in their field, can assess expertise-related problems and recommend viable solutions, and can work independently on assignments with minimal guidance or oversight.
- shall be proficient in the use of Windows-based computer platforms (most recent version of Microsoft Windows and all preceding versions) and have experience using the Microsoft Office Suite (Most recent version and all preceding versions).
- shall have successfully completed a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university of a Bachelor's or higher degree.
- shall have at least 5 years of applied experience specific to Federal position classification. Experience will include developing position descriptions, determining position classifications, managing classification appeals, conducting job analyses and desk audits, and developing policy and standard operating procedures related to position classification management.
- shall have experience researching, interpreting and applying appropriate Federal laws, regulations, policies and guidelines related to position classification functions.
- shall have experience providing authoritative management advisory services, which includes researching, analyzing and evaluating the issues, determining applicable precedents, recommending innovative methods and strategies to resolve complex integrated human resources problems, and identifying the most effective approach.
If this sounds like an opportunity that interests you, apply online today!
If you do not find interest in this opportunity but know of someone who may, we kindly ask that you refer the individual to Potomac Management Solutions by forwarding this job posting.
Potomac Management Solutions, LLC (PMS) specializes in Human Resources/Staffing, Program Operations, Administration, Health Systems Management and Federal Law Enforcement Support. We understand the fundamental component of commercial services as well as state/federal contract management - transforming mission objectives into programs that efficiently support and deliver quality products & services.
In conformity with applicable laws, Potomac Management Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran, a Vietnam Era veteran, a veteran who has served on active duty for which a campaign badge was authorized, or a newly separated veteran.