The qualified candidate has strong analytical and computer skills. Successful candidate is well organized, have excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills, is a team player, and has the ability to multi-task and work independently with minimal supervision. Experience in healthcare preferred.
Staff Accountant Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Accomplishes the result by performing the duty.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Staff Accountant Requirements
- BS degree in Accounting
- At least three years of experience in preparing financials statements
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close
Job Type: Full-time