The Paralegal will perform procedural legal work, under attorney supervision, in a support capacity to assist the business with its legal needs. This includes maintaining and organizing legal files, drafting and reviewing documents and contracts, and ensuring legal documents and contracts adhere to company standards and guidelines. This position will be based in Paramus, NJ or Lisle, IL.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review commercial contracts for material terms and special provisions.
- Complete contract forms for sales opportunities, including filling in basic information, collecting supporting materials for schedules, exhibits, and appendices.
- Update form agreements and drafting contract amendments as necessary.
- Proofread legal contracts to ensure accuracy, completion, consistency, and compliance.
- Answer basic contract questions, involving the Assistant General Counsel as directed.
- Assist with fact-finding projects related to legal matters.
- Review documentation to ensure it adheres to state law or federal requirements.
- Organize, communicate, and analyze information and respond to requests for information related to the fiber business.
- Organize and track files and exhibits related to corporate transactions.
- Assist with paperwork needed by regulatory bodies including regulatory license or form filings.
- Escalate concerns through the appropriate channels in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Project a professional image in all settings and work situations.
- Take on additional tasks, special projects, and other related duties and/or direction as assigned and work collaboratively with all team members at all levels in the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Paralegal Studies preferred; will consider Associate’s Degree in Paralegal Studies with experience.
- Paralegal certification required.
- At least 3 years of related experience as a Paralegal.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced environment.
- A high level of accountability.
- Ability to handle confidential information with a high level of discretion.
- Solid knowledge of legal terminology, contract negotiation and substantive law.
- Self-starter who can work independently without direct supervision.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well with all levels and across functional teams of an organization.
- An approachable nature and the ability to build trusting relationships with internal and external customers.
- Willingness to travel occasionally within the U.S. if needed (up to 10%).
- Experience in the telecommunications/wireless industry is helpful but not required.
- Experience using legal database software; experience with Conga/Novatus is a plus but not required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)