The Civil Site Engineer will be responsible for planning and performing project management and engineering duties for design, construction administration, assessments and investigations, as well as providing work directions to technicians and less experience members of the team. Work will also include performing engineering calculations on multiple projects simultaneously; reviewing and sealing project specifications for accuracy compliance with State statues; recognizing when there are better ways of doing things; and researching and recommending solutions to the broader organization and participating in implementation. The Civil Site Engineer will apply engineering principals and concepts learned from previous experience and formal education.
- Prepare engineering documents for use in construction activities. Collect and analyze field data of existing conditions, complete engineering calculations to determine design parameters and determine best solutions to resolve existing problems within budget limitations.
- Perform construction management duties including conducting initial meetings with contractors to describe the project, obtain pricing from contractors and review to determine relevancy to the project, and make recommendations to the client on award of the project. Perform construction monitoring during the work to ensure final product is in compliance with engineered project documents, and coordinate any deficiencies observed with the contractor for resolution. Identify, evaluate and implement potential solutions to resolve conflicts identified during the work.
- Prepare documentation describing the existing conditions and deficiencies observed, and provide recommendations for improvements to existing conditions.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Working knowledge of grading and site design, including drainage and environmental related requirements.
- Working knowledge of review processes and requirements for local, state and federal design standards and regulations.
- Experience/exposure with populating designs in an AutoDesk based software from a topographic survey.
- Knowledge of project specifications, submittals and other documentation; ability to identify discrepancies between actual construction and project requirements and articulate these discrepancies both verbally and in written reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Experience using Microsoft Office products.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering
- Experience/exposure to Civil/Structural engineering
- Successful completion of or working toward Professional Engineer
Job Type: Full-time
- professional engineering: 4 years
- civil/structural engineering design: 4 years
Required work authorization: