THIS RECRUITMENT IS LIMITED TO THE FIRST 300 EMPLOYMENT APPLICATIONS RECEIVED BY THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT. IF THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS ARE RECEIVED PRIOR TO THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT, THE RECRUITMENT WILL CLOSE WITHOUT NOTICE.
THE CITY OF HENDERSON ANNOUNCES AN EXAMINATION TO CREATE AN ELIGIBILITY LIST AND TO FILL ONE (1) VACANCY FOR THE CLASSIFICATION OF EMPLOYEE BENEFITS SPECIALIST IN THE DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES. THE ELIGIBILITY LIST MAY BE UTILIZED TO FILL VACANCIES FOR THIS CLASSIFICATION FOR UP TO ONE (1) YEAR.
Under general supervision, performs administrative functions in support of the City's employee benefits programs and other regulatory programs. Provides customer service and assistance to City employees, retirees, and the general public; and performs related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS/ASSESSMENT INFORMATION:
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION:
- Associate's Degree for an accredited college or university in Business or Public Administration, Healthcare Administration, or a closely related field
- Three (3) years of full-time professional experience administering employee health benefits programs
- Note: An equivalent combination of related training and experience may be considered
- Must possess and maintain a valid Nevada or "border state" driver's license, as defined by NRS 483
- Desirable: Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Business or Public Administration, Healthcare Administration, or a closely related field
- Desirable: Certification as a Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) through the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans (IFEBP)
- Desirable: Certification as a Professional in Human Resources by the Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI); or certification as a Certified Professional or Senior Certified Professional by the Society of Human Resources Management (SHRM) or the International Public Management Association-HR (IPMA-HR)
Completed Employment Application
Completed Supplemental Questionnaire
Oral Review Board – Including Written Assessment (Weighted 100%) - Monday, September 17, 2018
(Most Qualified Candidates)
Selection Interview - Tuesday, September 18, 2018
(Top Scoring Candidates)
All applicants will be notified via e-mail or telephone of their application status and the assessment dates/times/locations after the closing date of this announcement.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON SCHEDULING ASSESSMENTS:
If you are invited to participate in the assessment process, you will be required to self-schedule through the City of Henderson on-line application system. Please check your e-mail on a regular basis after submitting your application for complete instructions, which include where and when to report.
The assessment and selection process for this position will take place on the dates listed above. All candidates who wish to be considered for this position will need to be in Henderson, Nevada, or available via SKYPE to participate in the testing process at any time on any of the dates listed above.
The selection process will begin with an employment application package screening, with the best qualified candidates being invited to participate further in the assessment process. This process may include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. It is the responsibility of candidates with a disability requiring accommodation in the assessment process to contact the Human Resources Department in writing to request such accommodation prior to the closing date of this recruitment.
Appointment may be subject to the successful completion of a post offer pre-employment background investigation and medical/physical examination, including a drug/alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements. The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards.