Midwest Engineering Systems Inc., an innovator and leader in complex systems integration, has been providing custom design and automation solutions for over 25 years. A company dedicated to customer satisfaction and successful solutions, MWES continues to expand its capabilities and has become a valued supplier to many loyal customers. MWES technical expertise includes a vast knowledge base serving customers in many industries.
MWES, located in Waukesha, Wisconsin, is currently recruiting for an experienced Project Manager. Our ideal candidate will have aminimum 10 years of Project Management experience working in manufacturing. Automated Equipment/Robotics, Engineering, Sales or Applications experience is preferred.
This is a full time, direct hire position. MWES offers competitive wages and a complete benefit package.
The Project Manager (PM) is responsible planning, administering, and completing assigned projects within budget and scheduling restraints. Organize and define the total scope of a project plan. Define project requirements and coordinate and facilitate project communication. Assist the lead engineers in developing and executing project plans. Review reports of production, malfunction, and maintenance to determine or address problems. Provide technical support for the engineering process.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Meet with project team to develop project plan schedule and milestones. Identify open issues, pending decisions, and assign responsibilities.
- Assist the sales engineer in defining the scope of a project. Establish schedules and resource assignments. Ensure that scope definitions meet with established baselines for performance measurement and control. Goal is to improve the accuracy of cost, time, and resource estimates and to provide a mechanism for effectively handling changes in project scope.
- Coordinate with the sales and lead engineer to identify and control changes to project scope. Define whether change is beneficial and that a change has occurred. Determine the impact of the scope change on project schedules.
- Identify and develop strategies for continual process improvement, including analysis of performance statistics regarding the actual and expected outcome of the project.
- Coordinate and direct the technical and organizational interfaces to execute the project.
- Determine when a project can move on to the next phase. Determine, with participation of project team, the project deliverables. Coordinate and monitor the delivery of the project deliverables.
- Monitor and control changes in project schedule. Determine that changes in schedule are beneficial, that the schedule has changed, and manage the changes in the schedule when it occurs.
- Assist sales engineer and lead engineer in determining what resources are required to perform project activities (human resources, materials, etc.), cost estimating, lead time data, and overall project cost control when changes have occurred. Use resource strengths to assist in project resource assignments. Identify training needed to improve employee skills for improved project performance.
- Assist the lead engineer in determining the standards must be applied to a project. Ensure that the standards are met.
- Monitor projects to ensure that they stay in scope and will meet the customer’s requirements.
- Determine what information the customer and project team needs and ensure that it is delivered in a timely manner.
- Assist and monitor in the administrative closure of project phases and project completion. Assist controller in contract completion procedures, contract administration, and job costing. Monitor job costs during project and distribute final data to controller.
- Assist in risk identification, control, and responses.
- Assist the lead engineer in identifying problems and develop resolution strategies.
- Assist in identification of project opportunities
- Depending on the scope of the project, act as Lead Engineer to outline and guide the direction of the detailed design and insure design consistency is carried out throughout the project. Work with the respective Engineering Manager(s) to review/approve final designs.
- Sales/Applications Support – review new opportunities to help determine direction of solution, and support the Sales/Application team with estimates & quotes.
- Work with Applications Engineering to standardize cost sheets and industry specific quote documents
- Review the potential to develop/design new “standard” products including the development and design of a lab machine
- Work with all departments to establish best design practices establishing “standards and guidelines” for equipment as pertaining to company needs and industry requirements.
- Establish safety standards for industry specific equipment and review/confirm execution on each project (requirements, devices, design parameters, etc.)
- Provide support to engineering and purchasing to identify/qualify/select appropriate vendors
- Assist with putting together an industry specific template for a “Maintenance Manual”
- Other responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Other projects as assigned by management.
- Travel as required to complete PM tasks
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Engineering: 7 years (Preferred)
- Project Management: 7 years (Preferred)