RESICAP is the leading vertically integrated solution for institutional owners of single-family residential assets in the United States. Our services include asset acquisition and valuation, renovation and maintenance (Ameritrust Residential Services), new home construction (ResiBuilt), and property management (WRIPM). We operate in 34 states and 59 markets and have over 900 employees nationwide.
Why work at RESICAP? We're a company known for our innovative, adaptable, and energetic culture and we're constantly looking for employees who challenge the status quo. We were ranked #15 on the Entrepreneur 360 list, #12 on Qualified Remodeler's Top 500, and #1 for ACG's fastest-growing company in Georgia. We've also caught the attention of the AJC which named our company one of Atlanta’s Top Workplaces for two years in a row - 2018 and 2019! Join us and discover the RESICAP difference!
Maintenance Technician - $35-50/hr.
Are you an experienced handyman? Or are you a generalist or specialty tradesman skilled in home maintenance and repairs? We are seeking experienced Maintenance Technicians to help maintain our rapidly growing portfolio of single family homes. At $35-50 per hour, this is a GREAT opportunity to supplement your income or build your local business! And the best part? You can work on your own schedule by accepting work orders if you want them, when you want them.
This is a skilled trade customer service position. License only required for plumbing, electrical and HVAC trade specialists.:
Job Scope / Summary:
The Maintenance Technician performs both scheduled and as-needed maintenance to all portfolio homes in the designated area. Work orders are completed through our easy to use mobile app which eliminates paperwork! Interface with residents and our staff to resolve maintenance and repair work orders on occupied and vacant homes. Provide superior customer service to all residents through solid collaboration with all team members.
- Facilitate and correct all repairs associated with a specific work order, including routine and/or emergency repairs.
- Respond to all service calls per schedule and work within the system to finalize work orders
- Diagnose and troubleshoot calls with residents in a calm, professional, and empathetic manner
- Provide updates on completion status of open work orders
- Close service call tickets in a quality, cost effective and timely manner
- Perform Quality Control Inspections when required by Construction department
- Demonstrate high level of motivation and follow through
- Strong communication (oral and written) skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently to establish and manage work priorities
- Exhibits sound judgment and swift decision-making skills
- Must be technically savvy and able to remotely update work orders on software system
- CPO Certification preferred
- HVAC and EPA certified a plus
- Remodeling and Home Rehabilitation experience in carpentry, plumbing, electrical and HVAC a plus
- Spanish a plus
- Driver’s license and auto insurance
- iOS (Apple) or Android smartphone
- Completed 1099 form
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must pass background check
- Must have or obtain general liability insurance:
- Workers compensation or exemption, depending on location and company size
- Proficient in using Excel, applying math, and understanding mobile apps
- 7+ years previous work in residential construction, or home building
- A self-starter able to work with minimal supervision
- A curiosity and desire to solve problems, if they arise
- Professional demeanor and respectful when speaking with utility providers or others
- Trade license only required for plumbing, electrical and HVAC specialists
This position will be based in the field and is not located at our corporate office.