We believe that clothes — and how you make them — can make a difference.
Since 1853, we’ve been obsessed with innovation to meet people’s needs. We invented the first blue jean. And we reinvented khaki pants. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines for our manufacturing partners. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do.
A company doesn’t last 160 years by standing still. It endures by reinventing itself, striving to delight its consumers, winning in the marketplace, and by remaining true to its values.
We employ more than 17,000 people around the world – supporting great brands, including Levi’s®, Dockers® and Denizen®. Our employees are committed to innovation, creativity and collaboration. Put simply, if you’re looking for a new opportunity, this is a great place to grow your career.
The objective of the Global Merchandise Planning team is to connect the dots between demand and supply. The Levi’s® Global Merchandise Sr. Planner will be responsible for driving a key category on the Global Merchandise Planning team. The Levi’s® Global Merchandise Sr. Planner will utilize strong analytical skills to inform global assortment plans and will act as a critical partner to the Levi’s® Global Merchandising, Global Supply Planning, and Regional Planning teams through bringing strategic and analytical insights to support brand strategy and vision.
- Drive long range category plan development in partnership with Global Merchants
- Collaborate with Global Merchants to manage the development of seasonal sub-category productivity plans and targets (assortment architecture) for assigned product categories
- Contribute to development of a Financial Assortment Framework that delivers financial goals within seasonal assortments
- Support development of a tops down global perspective on seasonal investment strategies which focus on monetizing key big ideas and seasonal themes.
- Accountable to “balance” Global Merchandising aspirations with solid foundations of “facts”, negotiating and delivering a solid global plan
- Leverage strong communication skills as liaison between Global Merchandising, Regional Merchandise Planning, and Global Supply Planning.
- Identify areas of risk and opportunity with respect to capacity management for the Supply Planning teams through assessment of bottoms up plans
- Analyze and assess the global sales performance of assigned product categories.
- Assist in the preparation of/and participate in Global monthly business review meetings
- Routinely present recommendations and other analysis to manager to drive short and long-term business goals
- Drive and direct development of analysis that yields actionable insights to improve effectiveness and efficiency of global product assortments
- Bachelor’s degree; Finance, Operations, Retail Management or Business Management required (or equivalent work experience)
Specialized Knowledge/Technical Skills:
- 4+ years of experience in: retail merchandise planning, merchandising, demand forecasting; inventory management, allocation or replenishment; financial planning or financial analysis experience
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel required; must be able to manipulate large quantities of data in Microsoft Excel to drive business decisions
Decision Making and Problem solving:
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills to interpret meaningful themes from quantitative data
- Able to use rigor and logic to solve problems with effective solutions
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills; strong aptitude with numbers; retail math skills, understanding of forecasting methodology
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective relationships across business units, global regions and cultures
- Makes decisions with limited information but also able to synthesize large quantities of data to drive business decisions
- Acts entrepreneurially to solve problems; executes innovation and change; learns and adapts
- Ability to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad, diverse group of business partners, mainly the cross-functional team
- Strong communication and presentation skills: concisely presents complex information/recommendations in terms meaningful to various audiences
The Company's policy is to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status, Vietnam era/disabled veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes prohibited by applicable law. Company policy prohibits harassment of applicants or employees on the basis of any protected classes. The Company has established a continuing Affirmative Action Program to assure equal employment opportunity in all its policy decisions affecting recruitment, selection, assignment, promotion, training, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
1155 Battery St. San Francisco, CA, 94111
FULL TIME/PART TIME