Flags of Valor (FOV) is a veteran-owned and veteran-operated company specializing in the production of hand-crafted American wall art. FOV is a dynamic, fast-growing business, with a team-focused corporate culture. FOV has an immediate need for an experienced Business Development professional to lead the company’s business development and sales activities. This is a full-time position and is based out of our company’s offices in Ashburn VA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, maintain, and monetize a diverse pipeline of prospective customers and partners.
- Develop and execute growth strategies expanding the company’s reach into new customer segments via new products and expanded service offerings.
- Provide oversight and leadership of the company’s sales strategy across multiple sales channels in a wide range of vertical industries. Suggest and implement activities to improve sales performance within these channels.
- Maintain and grow existing customer relationships by expanding the company’s value proposition.
- Research and identify, independently, business opportunities that align with the company’s growth strategy.
- Quickly acquire in-depth knowledge of the company’s full range of products and solutions in order to communicate the company’s solutions, which include but are not limited to:
- Handmade American wall art
- Commemorative and/or employee recognition gifts
- Team building experiences/experiential interactions with our company
- Manufacturing solutions * Writing business proposals and drafting/reviewing contracts.
- Identifying and mapping business strengths against prospective customer requirements.
- Diligently execute the full range of administrative requirements commonly associated with business development/sales positions. To include, pipeline administration, sales reporting, forecasting, opportunity prioritization, etc.
- Active duty military service, and experience in deployed environments, preferred but not required.
- Minimum 5 years in a business development and/or sales role.
- Demonstrated ability to work, and thrive, in an environment with a great deal of autonomy.
- Demonstrated experience in sales development, decision making, negotiation and problem solving.
- Expertise in the administration of the common tasks associated with business development/sales roles. These include pipeline management, forecasting, and opportunity prioritization.
- Experience selling physical products via digital channels (i.e. eCommerce, Social Media) as well as in-person events (i.e. trade shows)
- Significant experience working with CRM software. Hubspot experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent oral communication and group presentation skills.
- Excellent written communication skills. Ability to write clearly, persuasively and informatively.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated track record of successful intra-team collaboration and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated analytical, critical thinking, deductive reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Experience completing and working with various RFP's w/in the Federal, State, and Local Government industries preferred but not required.
Preferred Training & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Business Development: 5 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Employee discounts