Williamson Medical Center is hiring a Scrub Tech for the Operating Room in Franklin, TN. This is a full time position working from 0700 - 1530. This position is eligible for an excellent benefit package offering medical, dental, vision, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, voluntary life, short-term disability and long-term disability, free individual membership to Williamson County Recreation Centers and more!
At Williamson Medical Center, our employees are more than just another number. To us, they’re family. They’re smart, talented, compassionate, dedicated, and an overall joy to be around. We’re certainly blessed to have the best of the best working here from the cafeteria to the operating room.
But as Williamson County and surrounding areas continue to grow, so must we. That’s why we want YOU to join our family!
Williamson Medical Center is an equal-opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Plans, implements, and evaluates surgical patient care in a timely and accurate manner.
Formal Education / Training:
1. High school graduate.
2. Must respond to the hospital within thirty minutes for “on call” requirements.
3. Previous scrub tech experience or graduate of scrub tech school
4. Earned a Surgical Technology diploma or degree from a college or university or has 18 months experience prior to July 1, 2006
5. Current certification through NBSTSA or equivalent, within 6 months of employment
Equipment and Skills Training:
The ability to work well under pressure, to function dependently and independently and to be flexible in applying basic nursing knowledge to a variety of setting. Equipment for the following surgical specialties: general, AEM; genitourinary, lithotripsy; ophthalmologic/Phacoemulsification/I&A; plastic; orthopedic/Andrews table/total joint replacement/Captain’s Chair/ spinal fixation cases; ENT; obstetric/gynecologic; vascular; oral; Amsco Flash Autoclave; Network computer system, Omnicell Medication System, AT&T Language Line.
A surgical unit with patient population ranging from less than one year of age> ninety-nine plus years of age.
1. Requires the ability to communicate in English orally and in writing.
2. Requires prolonged standing and working for up to twelve hours a day.
3. Constantly required to push/pull objects up to 175 lbs.
4. Requires the ability to lift and turn patients with assistance up to 250 lbs.
1. Collaborates with appropriate surgical team members to effectively coordinate the delivery of patient care in a timely manner.
2. Anticipates and provides equipment and supplies in a timely manner and organized manner based on the needs of the patient and surgeon.
3. Creates and maintains a sterile field by using principles of aseptic practice in varying situations, initiates corrective action when break in technique occurs, communicates/documents maintenance of sterile field.
4. Handles/ transports/ prepares medications/ solutions safely and in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
5. Performs counts by following established policy and procedures, initiates corrective action when counts are incorrect, and communicates results of counts.
6. Assists with control of the OR Suite environment (temperature, humidity, and sensory) maintain traffic patterns, and adheres to OR sanitation policies.
7. Return equipment and supplies to proper place and prepare OR room for next case.
8. Demonstrates responsibility for cost containment using supplies judiciously and documents patient charges completely and accurately.
9. Maintain position specific qualification
10. Facilitates staff development, assists with the orientation and training of new personnel, and participates in the development of educational program for co-workers.
11. Demonstrates responsibility for assigned communication.
12. Returns promptly from breaks and gives breaks as needed.
13. Completes special assignments, pulls cases that are add-ons and prepares for the next day.