- Event Planning
- Nonprofit Experience
- Customer Service
Executive Director of SPCA of Brazoria County
Description: This shelter is looking for a compassionate, hardworking executive director. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will be responsible for the overall oversight of the SPCA of Brazoria County. The ideal candidate must possess strong and successful leadership and management skills.
Company: The SPCA of Brazoria County 501(c)3 nonprofit Organization
Located in southeast Texas, Brazoria County is a vibrant, growing community. The SPCA of Brazoria County is located in Lake Jackson, approximately an hour south of Houston and 1 hour southwest of Galveston. In addition to advocacy, education and a low-cost spay neuter clinic, The SPCA of BC partners with three nearby cities to operate an open admissions animal shelter with an intake of 3800 dogs and cats each year and providing a full range of animal services. The SPCA operates this shelter as a no-kill facility.
The SPCA of Brazoria County is searching for an energetic, compassionate and dedicated Executive Director to join our efforts in ending the cruelty, abuse and overpopulation of animals. We are seeking candidates committed to furthering the mission of the No Kill philosophy.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversee the day-to-day functions of all of the following SPCA programs and services:
- Fundraising, donor relations
- Community education
- Creative: social media, web, marketing, PR’s, etc.
- Retail: The Box and Thrift Store
- Serve as the voice and “positive” face of the organization
- Provide and ensure excellent customer service
- Strong networking abilities
- Oversee and manage Volunteer & Events Coordinator
- Ambassador to all volunteers
- Oversee and manage Foster Coordinator
- Ambassador to all fosters
- Maintains professional, working relationships with other animal welfare organizations
- Collaborates with the Board and Director of Operations to coordinate annual budgetary planning and tracking, monitoring budgets, keeping records, preparing reports, reviewing financial statements and reconciliations
- Identify areas of opportunity and growth for implementing new progressive programs that keep SPCA of Brazoria County, a leader within the animal welfare community
- Works with the Board of Directors to design and implement strategic plans; identifies short- and long-term objectives and requirements, policies, program goals and objectives
- Maintains communication with the Board President on all critical issues related to the organization in conjunction with the Director of Operations.
- Direct reports: Volunteer coordinator, Foster coordinator, Retail staff
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable skills and experience in organizational leadership, management, fundraising, and development. Other minimum qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree highly preferred, or other combination of education, training, or work that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of this position.
- Extensive experience in non-profit management, event management, and a strong financial understanding
- Ability to self-manage – position may work from home on occasion
- Previous human resources experience preferred and encouraged
- Solid understanding of local/state laws surrounding shelter/animal welfare
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Proficiency in the use of general office computer applications and office equipment with a basic understanding of web-based applications
All interested candidates are requested to submit their resume, cover letter and list of references by November 30, 2018 for serious consideration. Job posting will remain open until filled. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the ED. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Job Type: Full-time
- non-profit management, event management,financial mgt: 5 years (Preferred)