The mission of University of Washington Medicine is to improve the health of the public by advancing medical knowledge, providing outstanding primary and specialty care to the people of the region, and preparing tomorrow’s physicians, scientists and other health professionals. UW Medicine owns or operates the following: Harborview Medical Center, Northwest Hospital & Medical Center, Valley Medical Center, UW Medical Center, a network of UW Medicine Neighborhood Clinics that provide primary care, UW Physicians, UW School of Medicine, Airlift Northwest, and other owned, operated, or affiliated entities as appropriate. In addition, UW Medicine shares in the ownership and governance of Children’s University Medical Group and Seattle Cancer Care Alliance a partnership among UW Medicine, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research, and Seattle Children’s. The UW Medicine Contact Center is a fast-paced environment where customer service, patient care, and accuracy are the highest priorities at all times.
The UW is proud to be one of the nation’s premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty. As an employee you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For a complete description of our benefits for this position, please view this page.
The UW Medicine Contact Center is a fast-paced environment where customer service, patient care, and accuracy are the highest priorities at all times. The Contact Center has an outstanding opportunity for a CONTACT CENTER OPERATIONS MANAGER (Full-Time, Day Shifts). The Contact Center Operations Manager is responsible for the overall performance and operations of the UW Medicine Contact Center Representatives (CCR) and Supervisor team. This position will oversee all operational issues, ensuring that the Contact Center environment is operating at an optimal level and that staff are well-trained and delivering a high-quality customer experience. Reporting to the Contact Center Assistant Director, the Operations Manager will serve as a member of the Contact Center Leadership team and assist in the development and deployment of the Contact Center Strategy.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership to 150+ FTE including Supervisors who assist with customer service, scheduling appointments, registration through inbound and outbound calls, as well as various web related communication tools.
- Manage staff to metrics for each of these areas; create, negotiate, and maintain service agreements amongst clinical partners, proactively support cross-training across teams; identify key areas of patient access to support system metrics; fully deploy patient service metrics for each workflow; and coordinate with health system partners to keep referrals within the system.
- Utilize system-wide scope to support our patient populations for HMC, UWMC, UWNC, NWH.
- Oversee day to day operations of the Contact Center CCR and Supervisor staff to ensure service is delivered to internal and external clients on a daily basis and responsible for flawless delivery of customer/patient service to internal and external clients who access the Contact Center on a daily basis.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on system standards, and utilize available tools within the Epic Care system for basic and advanced scheduling, referrals, and eCare.
- Create and ensure compliance with Contact Center guidelines including policies and procedures, daily scheduling, patient and customer satisfaction goals to drive continual gains in productivity and improved patient/customer experience including coaching and corrective action processes as needed.
- Serve as the Contact Center representative in cross-departmental teams, ensuring patients are our focus when looking to implement new processes, procedures, or policies.
- Work with the management team to ensure the highest level of patient satisfaction and loyalty; provide feedback to the management team as to how the UW Medicine Contact Center can improve its patient and referring provider satisfaction.
- Work closely with the other members of the Contact Center Leadership team to ensure any issues impacting performance or service are addressed in a timely manner and provide avenues for employee feedback and suggestions.
- Monitor performance against key performance indicators (KPIs) and serve as an escalation point for the Contact Center team on issues impacting service delivery.
- Use metrics and analytics to make data-driven decisions that improve the customer/patient experience, reduce time to resolution, and improve response times.
- Communicate with internal stakeholders on work queue performance and any issues where a patient is unable to access the UW Medicine System.
- Ensure processes and procedures are adhered to in delivering timely, accurate customer/patient support.
- Manage staff to ensure service agreements are in place and the Contact Center is able to meet the requirements of the agreements.
- Drive continuous service improvement based on quality metrics and customer/patient feedback.
- Monitor and improve workflow processes to support growth and flex with frequent changes.
- Optimize communication opportunities with referring providers.
- Manage staff to our quality assurance monitoring program.
- Track and monitor the new patient retention program with providing results on a monthly basis
- Work with Training & Development to incorporate awareness of onboarding and continuing education.
- Oversee implementation and process improvement initiatives.
- Coordinate with Resource Planning & Reporting to forecast FTE requirements for future demands.
- Participate in Joint Labor Management meetings on a quarterly/ad-hoc basis
- Ensure quality hiring, training, and retention of Contact Center staff.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and mentoring to the supervisory staff.
- Develop, maintain, and support metrics for accountability to staff to uphold service level expectations.
- Address escalated issues as they arise.
- Work closely with supervisors to achieve daily, weekly, and monthly goals.
- Adjust to network changes and develop the standard resources for this team to support this movement.
- Perform annual performance evaluations for supervisors on time and ensure core competencies are 100% complete.
- Demonstrated examples of solid leadership skills.
- Demonstrated success at driving operational efficiency and improved customer/patient satisfaction.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and relationship management skills with the proven ability to work in a matrix environment across functional lines.
- Ability to creatively inspire and motivate supervisors to achieve and exceed performance goals.
- Ability to guide supervisors to optimize individual and group performance of their team.
- Ability to problem solve through analysis and ongoing feedback.
- Knowledge of medical call center technology and systems.
- Ability to understand and discuss technology issues as less technical level with internal customers (clinic managers, staff, leadership).
- Experience coaching, developing and retaining employees and providing a collaborative and positive work environment.
- Collaborative team member, able to work with all levels of staff and develop cross-functional relationships.
- Advanced PC skills and proficiency in MS Office.
Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience that includes 4+ years in a call center environment with at least 2 years of management experience. Experience in a health care environment preferred. Healthcare experience strongly preferred.
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, the University of Washington will honor your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.
The University of Washington is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 / 206-543-6452 (tty) or email@example.com.