Tokyo Electron America, Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo Electron Limited, a global, multi-billion dollar corporation and a leader in the semiconductor equipment industry, is currently seeking an Electrostatic Testing Intern to join our SURFACE PREPARATION SYSTEMS Advanced Technology Group (ATG) focused on simulation and prototype design located in Austin, Texas.
- This position will be payrolled via agency
- Design and build a printed circuit board (PCB) prototype for electrostatic testing.
- Design and build electrostatic testing system.
- Design and build high voltage power supplies (up to 5 kV).
- Participating in system engineering specification development, system documentation and implementation of a system prototype.
- Interfacing with development team to define project strategy and deliverables.
- Fully documenting work in order to provide colleagues with enough detail to maintain engineering simulations and/or code.
- Strong emphasis is placed on candidates that can find solutions to difficult problems through structured project management while working in a team environment.
- Good communications skills are considered critical. The candidate will communicate project goals and status updates internally.
- Some travel might be required.
- The candidate must be pursuing or have a M.S. or PhD degree in engineering, physics or equivalent field.
- Candidate should have experience in writing own code/software to solve technical problems. Experience with Labview, Matlab or equivalent software is desirable.
- Familiarity with electrostatics and electrodynamics is desirable.
- Knowledge of the semiconductor industry is desirable.
- Experience with circuit board design and fabrication is required.
- Knowledge of Gerber format for PCB (printed circuit board) designs is required.