This position works closely with the Purchasing Manager to help ensure that material required for manufacturing is provided to schedule and on budget. Responsibilities include:
- Coordinates the purchasing of items using the ERP System to acquire inventory in a cost effective and timely manner
- Helps determine purchasing requirements by reviewing inventory levels and processing purchase requisitions
- Identifies alternate suppliers when needed by web searching manufacturers part numbers and ensuring suppliers availability
- Obtains quotes by forwarding requirements to Suppliers and inquires about quantity discounts and the most cost effective shipping method
- Calls suppliers about on-time delivery and tracks orders if needed
- Resolves discrepancies by comparing purchase orders to delivery documentation and resolves any Accounts Payable issues
- Maintains historical records by filing and retrieving purchasing documents
- Collaborates with Engineering, Finance, and Manufacturing to advise management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials, and services are provided as needed
Bachelors degree required
Broad experience in production process, including interfacing with Purchasing, Inventory Control, Production Management, and assisting Engineering in quoting new product designs. Ability to manage a variety of concurrent purchasing requisitions and coordinate manufacturing schedules to ensure timely receipt of material. Must have a high level of proficiency in ERP/MRP based material control systems (SAP preferred), and in MS Office applications (Excel).
Liberty Personnel Services, Inc.
410 Feheley Drive | King of Prussia, PA 19406