Lockheed Martin Global Financial Services (GFS) is responsible for providing Billing and Fixed Assets management services to various Lockheed Martin business area partners. This position's primary responsibility is to provide either 1) fixed asset related support to multiple GFS Fixed Assets analysts, or 2) billing support to multiple GFS Billing analysts
This position is located in Lakeland, Florida.
For Fixed Assets, this position is responsible for assisting with the timely and accurate capitalization, transfer, maintenance and retirement of fixed assets as well as the calculation of appropriate depreciation of those assets for both financial and tax purposes. This position supports the review and validation of the capital expenditure request (CER) and work-package setups, supports the transfer of assets via IBS and assists with the manual calculation of Cost of Money. Some contact with customers is also required. Maintaining, analyzing, and troubleshooting related accounting issues and transactions are also required.
For Billing, this position is responsible for assisting with billings, and may include timely and accurate billings, timely problem resolution, and maintaining appropriate invoicing controls. Some contact with customers may also required to ensure consistent, timely cash flow. Maintaining, analyzing, and troubleshooting related accounting issues and transactions may also required. This position may require providing assistance with contract analysis and reconciliation; will support continuous process improvement.
Ability to work well in a team environment and proficiency in Microsoft office products (Excel, Word) is also expected. Ability to work effectively both independently and in a supportive, diverse team environment is expected.
- Demonstrated previous experience performing Accounting, Finance or Economics-related tasks (experience can be obtained through college coursework/projects, internships or on the job)
- Demonstrated experience performing accounting journal transaction posting and related impacts
- Demonstrated experience performing analytical and evaluation tasks
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple priorities and performing multiple tasks
- Demonstrated user level proficiency with Financial Accounting software and systems
- Intermediate level proficiency using Microsoft Excel
- Intermediate level proficiency using Microsoft Office tools (Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook etc.)
- Ability to maintain required financial controls and to support audits as necessary
- Ability to comprehend and perform to defined procedures and processes
- Ability to demonstrate accountability and professionalism in all interactions
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Effective customer service and team building skills
- Ability to understand and work with computer languages such as tableau
- Knowledge of computer science and/or coding
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.