As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Perks & Benefits
Unlimited Paid Time Off, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Food Truck Fridays
Yoga & Wellness Activities
We are looking for a tax and accounting expert to manage and facilitate the accurate preparation and filing of our company’s tax compliance requirements, including quarterly tax provisions, estimated tax payments, federal and state tax returns, indirect sales tax requirements, and international VAT. The ideal candidate works with external consultants to create and implement tax strategies and works with the accounting and leadership teams to identify opportunities for process improvement and potential areas of risk.
The Tax Manager will ensure compliance with state federal and international tax law through a series of systems and system controls that are designed to ensure accurate, timely reporting. They will monitor current and impending changes to tax regulation and make the appropriate updates to policies and strategies. The ideal candidate is single minded in their pursuit of ensuring compliance and achieves this goal through optimizing reporting procedures and driving the successful function of the tax team.
- Facilitate and manage the preparation and review of the company’s: Federal and state tax income returns, Timely filing of all tax forms and other business related filings, State indirect sales tax filings, and International VAT tax filings
- Facilitate and manage the preparation and review company quarterly corporate tax provisions and estimated tax payments.
- Find and implement opportunities for process improvement in company tax procedures.
- Develop and implement strategic tax planning for all necessary federal and state taxes.
- Provide audit support of tax areas and manage the company’s tax-related audited financial disclosures.
- Develop and implement strategies for international transfer pricing.
- Manage the company’s M&A tax due diligence.
- Plan for and develop overall return calendar and coordinate timing and inputs with accounting team.
- Maintain effective control procedures over all aspects of the tax process.
- Manage and facilitate any IRS income tax audits: preparing responses, creating schedules, etc.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments, communicate the effects of these developments to management and the tax team and create strategies to capitalize on changes to taxation legislation.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Extensive individual/corporate/partnership tax knowledge.
- Strong accounting, analytical, and research skills.Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of tax code, compliance and procedures for corporations.
- Familiarity with U.S. federal, state and local reporting requirements.
- Strong experience with a variety of tax operations and ability to drive process improvements.
- Strong ability to utilize project management and accounting best practices to organize and prioritize tasks and the tasks of other tax team members.
- Ability to work well independently as well as the ability to work well with stakeholders and communicate the benefits of tax initiatives.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a tax manager or public accountant role and at least 2 years of experience in a management role. Preferred candidates have a current CPA license.