Please Note: This is a project position anticipated to last through June 30, 2019.
Here at the Employment Security Department (ESD), we believe in the Power to Help
when people need it most. We provide economic security to the people of Washington every day and in every corner of the state. We help people find jobs, bridge gaps in employment and soon we'll be providing paid family medical leave.
We are in need of an Office Assistant (OA3) to support our Everett WorkSource office. The federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) offers a comprehensive range of workforce development activities designed to increase the employment, job retention, earnings and occupational skills of our workforce. As the OA3, you will contribute to this work by tracking and processing payments for support services and participant training. You'll also assist in auditing files for compliance, ensuring federal, state and local policies are meeting standards.
Your interpersonal skills, ability to problem solve, and commitment to providing value-added services to our customers are needed on our team. If you are motivated by our mission and you want to make a difference in your community, then we hope you will consider joining our team!
In this role, you will perform a variety of complex clerical projects and assignments.
Some of what you'll enjoy doing:
- Revising, processing and filing reports and documents; reviewing documents for compliance.
- Coordinating transfer for storage and records maintenance.
- Scanning and copying documents, answering main phone line and responding to customer requests.
- Establishing and maintaining databases and entering data into systems.
- Processing correspondence and emails, coordinating and scheduling meetings, preparing rooms and setting up equipment, and updating calendars.
- Maintaining inventory of office supplies; preparing and submitting orders.
- Developing and implementing office professes and procedures.
- Understanding and interpreting rules, regulations and policies to review WIOA eligibility documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Supporting budget preparation, monitoring expenditures and processing financial records.
- Using databases to track and record training expenditures and dollars obligated; updating financial system expenditures planned and actual.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Two (2) years of clerical experience.
- A combination of education and/or relevant experience.
Please attach a resume and letter of interest to your on-line application (through the Add Attachment(s) field).
- A resume will not substitute for the "work experience" section of the application.
- Applications with comments such as "see attachments" or "N/A" in the supplemental question responses will be considered incomplete.
- Final external candidates must pass an Unemployment Insurance (UI) Fraud check.
- This recruitment may be used to establish a qualified pool of OA3 candidates for agency-wide vacancies in the next six months.
- The Employment Security Department is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
- If you are having technical difficulties creating, accessing or completing your application, please contact email@example.com or (360) 664-1960 or toll free (877) 664-1960.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and wish to claim Veteran's Preference must attach a copy of their DD214 or other verification of military service. Please black out any personally identifiable data such as social security numbers.
Thank you for your service!
ESD's employee engagement scores were up 8 percent to 71 percent in 2017 and we continue to develop programs to improve the employee experience. We are working to create a modern workplace designed to meet the needs of a changing workforce. We have wellness programs, telework policies and flexible schedules. We're working to update our facilities all over the state to enhance both the client and employee experience.
Opportunity for All
The Washington Employment Security Department is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a working environment that includes and respects cultural, racial, ethnic, sexual orientation and gender identity diversity. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, veterans or people with military status, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply.
Please contact Ashley Harris at 360-902-9427 if you have any questions regarding this posting. You can also email us at HRRecruiting@esd.wa.gov or Washington Relay Service 711 if you are a person with a disability needing assistance in the application process, if you need this job announcement in an alternate format, or with general questions about this opportunity.