Work as a contributing member of a teaching team, assisting in managing a group of children between the ages of 2 years 9 months and 5 years old in the classroom. Express caring and respect for the growth processes of children while assisting in providing direct care and education in a full day program. Show active learning by watching other teachers, asking questions and taking initiative in areas open for assistance. The hours of All Five are 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. This position’s specific hours will be determined by mutual agreement, but are preferred to be 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Practice appropriate interaction and respect for each child, including setting limits.
- Learn and model own internalization of self-regulation and team-work skills.
- Practice problem-solving techniques with children.
- Assist with consistency and continuity in program-wide procedures. Assist teachers and children in daily routines.
- Observe and document children’s learning.
- Check-in regularly with families and conduct one annual home visit and three Teacher-Parents Conferences.
- Contribute to a healthy, interesting and safe environment; monitor health of the children.
- Connect with parents to share the daily lives of their children in positive ways.
- Work with all volunteers and parents in classroom program while maintaining attention on children.
- Pursuit of on-going professional growth opportunities.
- Alert, gentle and flexible in behavior.
- Ability to apply academic knowledge of child growth and development to work with the children.
- Proactive and collaborative in problem-solving with other teachers in the classroom.
- Sensitive and responsive to children’s needs.
- Emotionally stable in the workplace.
- Work as a cooperative member of a teaching team.
- Show respect for all children, staff and families.
- Show positive approach to challenges.
- Familiar with Emergent Curriculum model, or willingness to learn to implement this model.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Bend, kneel and otherwise interact with small children; be able to spend time on bent knees to continue eye-contact with small children.
- Sit on floor with children.
- Lift and hold children up to 40 pounds.
- Lift equipment up to 20 pounds and put away toys.
- In good health and able to stand and/or squat while supervising children, inside and outside even in challenging weather conditions.
- Maintain stamina for long days with children.
- Works both indoors and outdoors in children’s play areas – may be during cold or rainy weather.
- Regular exposure to children’s illnesses.
- California Early Education Teacher Permit minimum is required
- Successfully pass physical exam, including TB test.
- Certified in CPR and First Aid for young children; or ability to become certified.
- Complete/pass fingerprint screening.
- Ability to read and write basic English.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.
- Participate in and seek out ongoing training opportunities.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Salary: $50,000.00 /year
- preschool teacher: 1 year (Required)
- Child Development Associate Teacher Permit or 12 ECE units (Required)
Full Time Opportunity:
- Health insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development assistance
- Parental leave
- Paid time off