- Microsoft Office
- Computer Graphics
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Disability Insurance
Embedded Software Innovations (ESI) is the software division of Advanced Logistics Support Corporation. ESI is seeking an experienced Senior Avionics System Engineer to join our team in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The Senior System Engineer will work on commercial avionics flight displays. These multi-function flight displays have features such as touch screens, GPS, moving maps, synthetic vision, and wireless communication. The candidate must have at least three to five years of commercial aviation experience. The candidate should have a thorough understanding of both the hardware (electronics) and software aspects of flight displays.
The Senior System Engineer will work closely with a team comprised of systems engineers, hardware engineers, and software engineers. The team will develop, design, integrate, and test the avionics flight displays and other associated avionics systems. The Senior Systems Engineer will become an integral part of the team and will be expected to reach across boundaries and assist other team members to ensure the successful development of the avionics systems.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Define, analyze, and review systems requirements
- Actively manage systems requirements and workflows using tools like Jama and Jira
- Assist in DO-178 certification of avionics systems
- Collaborate with systems engineers and hardware engineers in planning design and development of systems to ensure software and hardware performance and compatibility.
- Write test plans and test cases.
- Conduct system-level testing.
- Conduct verification and validation (V&V) testing.
- Perform systems integration.
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of Commercial Avionics including flight displays, flight computers, navigation systems, and radios.
- Knowledge of DO-178
- Experience with FAA Part 23 and/or Part 27
- Systems Engineering experience (INCOSE, 3Views Systems Engineering)
- Strong communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Team player that is willing to do whatever it takes to ensure success
- Knowledge of electronics (microprocessors, GPUs, touchscreen displays)
- Experienced in graphics, OpenGL, synthetic vision, moving maps
- Experienced in Linux as an operating system
- Knowledge of Jama Requirements Management Software
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Short term and long term disability insurance
- 401K with company match
Job Type: Full-time
- DO-178: 2 years (Required)
- commercial aviation: 3 years (Required)
- systems engineering: 2 years (Required)
- Albuquerque, NM 87102 (Preferred)