Are you ready to kick start your career inside of a refinery and be a part of the day to day operations of moving product? PSC Group is now hiring full time, entry level Chemical Plant Loaders, Rail Switching Operators, and Wash Rack Technicians that will have the opportunity to build a long-term, stable career in an industrial chemical plant. If you're looking for a company that appreciates and recognizes that employees are our #1 asset and values safety first, then consider joining the PSC family today!
8-12 Hour Rotating Shift (Days/Nights/Weekends/Holidays) - Will vary by site location
$17.00 - $22.75 an hour
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Cleans and visually inspects the railcar before transfer to ensure that it is mechanically sound
- Connects or disconnects loading arm hose for transfer of product
- Inspects for any leaks, weighs railcars and completes required paperwork
Rail Switching Operators
- Examines track list to plan railcars to be spotted, separated, loaded, and/or built for shipment
- May operate trackmobile or locomotive to safely move railcars in the plant
- Communicates with rail team members, leadership, and customer contacts
Wash Rack Technicians
- Opens and inspects all railcar hatches for excessive product
- Installs and lowers wash heads with air hoist, centers heads with opening in hopper car
- Inspects and removes debris from railcars and completes documentation
- Coordinates with rail switch crew to remove cleaned cars and spot dirty for washing
Marine Dock Operators
- Meets with the person-in-charge of the vessel and communicates with facility personnel
- Maintains detailed dock logs to ensure all events are recorded in chronological order
- Operates crane, hydraulic, electrical, mechanical equipment, and manual / motor operated valves
- Understands the facility piping layout to transfer the proper product
- Experience is a plus but not required, and paid on-the-job training is available
- May require a valid Driver's License and / or a valid TWIC card, depending on work location
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Pass a drug screen, physical, and background check
- Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures is a plus.
Why join the PSC team?
- Since 1952, PSC Group has had a strong reputation for quality service, safety, environmental protection, and taking care of our employees.
- We are a leader in product handling and site logistics for refineries, chemical producers, and marine transportation providers.
- The work we do makes a huge impact in our nation's economy. Check out our videos at PSC Group - Career Videos to learn more.
- Check out our online newsletter "The Connection" which contains articles about our work groups, recognition events, and achievements of our employees and their family members at PSC Group - Newsletter.
- Our Core Values serve as the foundation for all we do—how we conduct our business, serve our customers, and treat members of our PSC family. Learn more at PSC Group - Core Values.
- Medical insurance options with the company paying a large portion of the premiums, including affordable dental and vision plans for employees and their families
- Company-paid life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement
- Vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits (varies by work group)
- Incentives, discounts, and bonuses
- Industry-leading training and development programs
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The above job description does not reflect all essential job functions or physical requirements.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PSC Group, formerly known as Petroleum Service Corporation, is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.