- 10+ years in Program Management, delivering complex products
- Startup industry experience
- Proven track record of taking end-to-end ownership and driving results; demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects - work prioritization, planning, task delegation, and coordination across functional teams
- Highly detailed driven with emphasis on accuracy, coupled with the ability to see the broader picture.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and must be comfortable engaging with executive management.
- Requires significant expertise to see around corners, make the right trade-offs, and design a solution that is appropriately simple
Startups are an important customer segment for AWS, and a customer group who is on the leading edge of implementing new technologies. At Amazon we are always putting the customer first, and to get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people of all backgrounds. We are seeking a world-class program manager to drive and own a variety of projects and programs aimed and getting more startups using AWS and giving them the best experience possible. This is an opportunity to delight some of the most innovative companies in the world.
Working with the AWS Startup team as well as other points of contact from across the business, you will program manage the development, launch, and reporting of programs for the AWS startup customer segment. The candidate will also be responsible for the results of those programs and the impact they have on the business. You will also assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs as you implement centralized program execution. You will report on the outcomes of all our work and strive to provide transparency and accountability across the organization for all of these initiatives.
You are expected to know how startups operate and understand the stages of a startup’s lifecycle. A passion for startups is a plus. A successful candidate will have strong program and project management skills and must have the ability to improve how organizations interacts to achieve goals and accelerate progress by creating or optimizing cross-org structures and mechanisms. You will need to roll up your sleeves and have a high level of ownership and accountability. You will need the ability to peek around corners and anticipate issues before the arise. You must have experience driving meaningful action, be data and detail-oriented, and have excellent problem-solving abilities. You will be asked to operate effectively in an ambiguous environment and must have a demonstrated track record of managing multiple concurrent projects and driving them to completion. Because the person in this role will influence team members worldwide, they will also need to be highly collaborative and able to influence without authority while also being able to work with significant autonomy. The candidate must work well with teams of stakeholders and colleagues, including sales leaderships, operations managers, BD managers, technical managers marketing managers, as well as Finance, HR and legal specialists.
The role will report into the Global General Manager for the Startup Customer Segment for AWS. The primary job duties are:
- Drive program objectives – provide program management and define project plans, manage implementation activities, and develop processes, documentation and communications for program/process rollout and ongoing support.
- Scale services and tools – design processes and procedures that scale with the business’ growth in volume, complexity, and global geographic dispersion.
- Communicate new/updated programs, policies, and processes to leaders, employees, and cross functional organizations.
- Manages significantly complex and important initiatives that resolve critical and/or endemic challenges to the AWS business. Identifies risks/opportunities in strategies and/or org structure(s). Effectively force multiplies where possible and applicable.
- Manage the startup customer segment workstreams for the startup customer segment. This includes developing and communicating Objectives/Key Results and Key Performance Indicators, supporting development of conference participation strategy, and supporting development and communication of post-mortem docs and continuous improvement recommendations.
- Develop communication for stakeholders at levels and out to the WW Commercial Organization
Preferred location would be Seattle, but virtual locations will be considered depending on candidate experience and relative location to key stakeholders.
- Experience with product management methodologies
- Ability to succeed amidst ambiguity
- Leveraging technology to invent, improve, and scale
- MBA from top-tier program
- Passion for learning and the employee experience