Voss Industries is looking for an experienced EDM Programmer/Operator to join our team. Since our start in 1957, Voss industries has grown to become one of the world’s leading suppliers of highly engineered V-retainer couplings, mated flanges, T-bolt band clamps, strap assemblies and special fabricated products to an extensive array of industries, including aerospace, food and chemical processing, medical, telecommunications and transportation.
Our success is a result of our talented and hard-working teams.
We’re committed to teamwork, training and development, continuous improvement and the safety and well-being of our people.
- Perform programming to setup and operate wire EDM machine.
- Produce parts to specification; verify parts meet extremely close tolerance dimensions, alignments, and specifications.
- Analyze blueprints and engineering drawings to determine part dimensions and cut configurations. Determine type/size of cutting tool according to metal stock on machine fixture.
- Observe machining of first parts to verify programming accuracy.
- Utilize micrometers, calipers, gauges and inspect work against prints or model.
- Continuously look for innovative ways to improve processes, reduce waste, increase throughput and improve efficiencies.
- Must have at least 3-5 years experience setting up and operating wire EDM machine
- Requires a very high degree of precision and attention to detail
- Ability to read and interpret complex blueprints and other required documents
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement