The Agency is interested in IT Modernization efforts and Re-skilling and Workforce Transformation. Re-skill and up-skill employees impacted by IT modernization efforts, evolve workforce to more 21st Century skill sets and work practices, and enable the workforce to drive successful IT Modernization efforts going forward utilizing in-house talent.
The Junior Data Analyst will possess demonstrated knowledge and experience applying analytic methodologies and principles to address client needs. Applies analytic techniques in the evaluation of project objectives and contributes to the implementation of strategic direction. Performs analyst functions including data collection, interviewing, data modeling, project testing, and creation of performance measurements to support project objectives. Conducts activities in support of project team’s objectives. Works closely with Senior Analyst, Task Leads, or Project Manager.
Works in cross-functional teams with data at all stages of the analysis life-cycle to derive actionable insight. Translates mission needs into an end-to-end analytical approach to achieve results. Performs the pre-analytics areas of data collection and understanding, data cleansing and integration, and data storage and retrieval. Determines the appropriate analytics based on the data and the desired outcomes, using techniques including feature detection, statistics, data mining, predictive modeling, machine learning, natural language processing, and business intelligence. Interprets the validity of results and communicates the meaning of those results. Follows a scientific approach to generate value from data, verifying results at each step. Responsible for providing IT domain expertise to the delivery team and stakeholders.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and two (2) years of experience in Data Analytics. Degree in in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or Engineering is preferred.
- Experience with visualization software and programming languages. Experience with analytics methods for big data is a plus.
- Experience in natural language processing (NLP).
- Experience working with cloud platform like AWS or Azure is a plus.
- Experience working with SQL on relational databases like MySQL & Postgres.
- Experience working with markup languages like HTML or XML
- Familiar with data wrangling, data modeling, project testing and creation of performance measurements.
- Excellent analytical skills, problem solving and troubleshooting ability.
- Ability to analyze, model and interpret data.
- Transform, improve and integrate data, depending on mission requirements.
- Combine the data result sets across multiple sources.
- Critical thinking capabilities - able to look at numbers, trends, and data and come to new conclusions based on the findings.
- Ability to develop briefing materials, administrative, and logistics support.
- must be US Citizen with ability to obtain Public Trust
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability