Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, provides safe and on time transport of patients via wheelchair, bed, or alternative means. Delivers patient equipment to nursing floors as needed.
- Using wheelchairs, patient carts, cribs, video chair, and/or beds, to transport patients safely between Hospital nursing units and various departments for tests and or procedures via NaviCare through Cisco phone message.
- Transports specimens, equipment and supplies to and from various Hospital locations as assigned.
- Responsible for bringing deceased patients to the morgue. Also, for bringing deceased patients from morgue to Family Viewing Room as requested by the Spiritual Care Chaplain.
- Regularly inspects transportation equipment for damage and/or defects. Delivers outdated patient equipment to Bio-med, and defective wheelchairs, carts, and beds to Maintenance store room for service.
- Preforms daily rounds on all nursing units to bring soiled patient essential equipment down to store room for cleaning. Disinfects Transport equipment in between patient use.
- First responder for stroke alert, cardiac alert, code blue, rapid response, and code triage incidents.
- Physical job task include: occasional sitting, frequent standing and walking, frequent lifting up to 100 lbs. and occasional lifting over 101 lbs.; frequent carrying up to 20 lbs., and occasional carrying over 50 lbs.; Frequent pushing/pulling over 101 lbs.; frequent bending and reaching; occasional climbing and continuous repetitive use of hands
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
Required: CPR for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross upon start date.
Location: Edward-Elmhurst Health · EMH-PATIENT TRANSPORT
Schedule: Full time, Evenings, 2-10:30 pm