- Computer Graphics
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get onboard and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
Interested in interacting with all the different pieces of our software stack? Magic Leap is seeking an experienced senior software engineer to join the Systems Engineering team. We are a multidisciplinary team, so you should feel comfortable working alongside electrical, robotics, computer vision, graphics, and mechanical engineers. For this position, you must be a master at designing robust framework and must be comfortable diving into all level of our software stack (os, api, sdk, algo). The main focus of this role will be to architect, develop and maintain complex frameworks that interact will all the pieces of our software stack.
- Architect, develop and maintain complex frameworks that interact will all the pieces of our software stacks.
- Design tests involving robotics, computer vision, data science, and complex software algorithms.
- Build and release custom versions of our software stack.
- Root cause and resolve software defects and other technical issues.
- Write production grade code and enforce software best practice.
Qualifications (Nice to have):
- 4+ years of working experience
- Expert in C, C++, C# in a production environment.
- Strong core computer science skills such as data structure design, architecture design, framework design, common algorithms, and math.
- Excellent understanding of mobile SW architectures from low-level driver to application
- Demonstrated knowledge in OpenGL and/or other low level graphics language
- Strong 3D math skills including vectors, transformation matrices and analytic geometry
- Demonstrated expertise with software best practice
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Expert in compiling and building applications on Linux/Windows frameworks
- Great communication (verbal and written) skills
- Ability to think critically and solve problems outside of core knowledge domain
- Strong preference of having shipped applications on an embedded product or having
- Good knowledge of Python
- Familiarity with Android Open Source tool-chains, techniques, and native libraries
- Familiarity with the Android application component model and embedded IPC mechanisms
- Working knowledge of the complexities of a Mixed Reality system
- Comfortable with Scrum
- MS in Computer Science (or equivalent engineering degree) plus
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.