This is a perfect position for a someone who had been in Audit for a few years and is looking for a change! Individuals who work at our firm experience Advisory as well as Audit.
This role would work across multiple different practices areas depending on the candidate's background and experience. Our Audit & Advisory practice consists of three main areas, financial statement and employee benefit plan audits, financial advisory and consulting services and risk advisory. Our Advisory practice consults on matters with a particular emphasis related to financial reporting and financial operations, transaction advisory as well as internal audit outsourcing and co-sourcing, enterprise-wide risk assessments, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance services, business process and controls consulting, technology risk services, and fraud prevention and investigation services.
- Participate, lead, and execute engagements for audits of financial statements and employee benefit plans
- Participates in financial advisory and consulting service engagements with a particular emphasis on matters related to financial reporting and financial operations
- Participates in internal audit outsourcing and co-sourcing, Sarbanes-Oxley, technology risk consulting, and other risk consulting engagements
- Responsible for project management for single engagements; maintain, improve, or reduce charge hours for clients; resource scheduling and schedule management; establishes budgets for time spent in each phase and then directing resources to meet the budgets and clients expectations
- Review data about material assets, net worth, liabilities, capital stock, surplus, income and expenditures; examine and evaluate financial and information systems, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and data integrity
- Inspect account books and accounting systems for efficiency, effectiveness and use of accepted accounting procedures to record transactions or identify potential issues
- Ensures that financial statements and letters of recommendations are prepared in accordance with professional and firm standards
- Prepares and indexes working papers; performs various procedures established under generally accepted accounting principles to verify accuracy and validity of client's financial matters
- Prepares clear, concise work papers that have definitive conclusions and follow documentation standards.
- Prepares meaningful and well-written recommendations for inclusion in client correspondence and the audit file.
- Studies and evaluates clients' internal controls; assists in determining the extent of test-checking required in an audit and selects the transactions to be tested
- Ensure exceptional client service by delivering the highest quality results, providing forward thinking advice and suggestions on relevant matters in a manner that is timely and straight-forward.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience working in external audit in public accounting or a combination of corporate and public accounting experience
- Excellent analytical abilities and expertise with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Ability and passion for developing the professional skills of our people
- Ability to work on multiple engagements in a fast paced environment
- Perform effectively in a team environment with all levels of client personnel supporting various industries
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Progress toward one or more certifications (e.g., CPA, CIA, CISA) is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communications as well as proficient collaboration skills
- Experience supervising teams
- Knowledge of basic accounting and auditing principles and proficiency in Microsoft Office
Job Type: Full-time
- Public Accounting: 3 years (Required)
- One location
- Multiple locations
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Commuting/travel assistance
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules