Guthrie's Ace Hardware is a family owned and operated retail business with three locations in middle Tennessee. Founded in 1951 and now being owned and operated by the third generation of Guthrie's. We are a family run business that treats all of our team members like family. Our mission is to create an enjoyable environment to work or to shop, where daily lives are improved and personal growth is inspired.
The Cashier is responsible for register transactions involving the sale and/or return of merchandise.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Project a positive representation.
- Greet customers entering and throughout the store. Thank customers by name, when possible, when they are leaving the store.
- Project a friendly, outgoing demeanor; work well with customers as well as associates.
- Clear customer checkout lines quickly and efficiently.
- Answer and monitor all calls and pages promptly, courteously and effectively.
- Communicate any problem or issue that requires management assistance.
- Continually build product knowledge base and possess the ability to assist customers with store layout and product location.
- Assist in pricing, stocking, marking and bagging of merchandise.
- Follow all cash register transaction procedures.
- Responsible for balancing of register drawer.
- Adhere to any Store Support Center program or promotion that may require implementation at the cash registers.
- Participate in store and Cashier meetings.
Front End Appearance and Upkeep
- Keep the front end, including checkout areas and entrance doors neat and clean at all times. Face and dust front end.
- Assist with keeping impulse counters stocked and faced, rotate fresh merchandise in as seasons change.
- Ensure fresh ads are stocked in shopping carts at all times.
- Ensure forms and supplies are stocked at all times.
- Assist with decorating the front end according to the Store Support Center program.
- Call for cart pickups when necessary.
- Inform management when merchandise returns need to be put away.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Other Essential Requirements
Able to work nights and/or weekends
High School or GED equivalent.
Cashier experience preferred. Customer service experience preferred.
Standing, walking, lifting (up to 25lbs) and climbing.