The employee shall provide transcription services for the DAIG, recorded testimony can range from 20 minutes to 8 hours in length of time. The employee shall act as guardians of the record and are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of each assigned task. The employee will require access to confidential or Privacy Act information belonging to the Government or private organizations or companies. The employee shall treat such information as confidential and agree not to misuse any information for its own personal reasons nor disclose such information to third parties unless specifically authorized by the Company in writing.
Deliverables. The employee must be capable to complete 300 pages or more per month and up to 3650 pages per year. The employee is to provide error free* transcriptions of DAIG testimony. * The maximum number of errors in the monthly transcription shall not exceed three (3) per page.
For Digitally Recorded Testimony - The employee will receive an audio via the government Department of Defense (DOD) Safe Access File Exchange (SAFE) system containing digitally recorded testimony (MP3 files converted from Digital Voice Editor 2 Software), along with a testimony information sheet, Point of Contact's (POCs) name, number, and e-mail address. Once transcribed, the employee will return the transcribed testimony via the DOD SAFE system to a designated POC. The employee will receive a testimony information sheet with names and an acronym list with each digital testimony file.
Requirement - The employee shall format and mark all transcripts as provided below:
· Microsoft Office Word format
· Arial style font, 12 PT font size
· One inch margins
· SINGLE SPACED
· All pages numbered
· Markings: For unclassified transcriptions, the employee is to use the following footer marking on the bottom of the front cover, on every page, and on the outside of the back cover: "Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI).
Time of Delivery - The employee is responsible for completing the transcription within the following response times:
· Standard: work completed in seven business day
· Rush: work completed in three business days
· Urgent: work completed in one business day
The employee can anticipate in any one year to perform an estimated 5% Urgent, 5% Rush, and 90% standard transcription turnaround. Employee must notify APE in writing if the above timelines cannot be met - within two (2) calendar days of completion of Standard transcription; within the same day of completion of Rush transcription; and immediately for Urgent transcriptions.
The employee shall have notary credentials and maintain employee error and omission insurance.
The employee should utilize current version of FTR Gold software & a military dictionary.
Job Type: Part-time
- Do you have a military background and/or familiar with military, specifically Army, acronyms and words?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- For The Record (FTR) software: 1 year (Preferred)
- Certified Court Reporter (Required)
Work Location: Remote