As a medical director at USACS, you will be responsible for collaborating with the hospital and nursing leadership while offering support to your physician staff. You will serve as a leader both within the emergency department, and as a leader within the organization. Through our model of shared ownership, you will influence on broad company decisions and help facilitate the development of new leaders.
With USACS, you'll be part of a team unique in today's industry. USACS provides physicians with ownership, unparalleled benefits and the opportunity to practice within a values-based model emphasizing quality, long-term wealth building a culture of shared ownership. USACS physicians enjoy the security and resources of a large, national group without sacrificing the advantages typically found in local EM groups.
Prior experience is required to be considered for this position.
- Oversee the operations of the ED in collaboration with nursing leadership and hospital administration
- Supervise the EM staff, per the bylaws, policies and procedures of the institution
- Represent the ED in the community and within the hospital medical staff
San Antonio’s Baptist Neighborhood Hospitals are not freestanding emergency departments, but rather “micro-hospitals” offering inpatient services as well as 24/7 emergency medical care. Each facility is distinguished due to the streamlined admitting procedures, highly qualified clinicians, medical specialists at every level of care, and access to the latest diagnostic equipment.
- Brand-new facility constructed in 2023
- Equity ownership for all full-time physicians
- Industry-leading 10% company funded 401(k)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Annual CME/BEA (Business Expense Account)
- Medical Malpractice with tail and litigation support
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Groundbreaking 100% Paid Parental Leave
- Student loan refinancing as low as 2.99%
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group
- National Clinical Governance Board (NCGB) of internally elected clinicians
- Clinical Management Tools (CMTs)
- 24/7/365 live physician support
- USACS Orientation and Assemblies
- Professional Development Programs including:Scholars (Leadership Training)
Engagement & Experience Academy
- Internal USACS traveling physicians
Converse, TX is a small city tucked away just 15 miles northeast of downtown San Antonio, making it a perfect option for those seeking tranquility without sacrificing the advantages of large city amenities.
San Antonio is the nation's 7th largest city, offering numerous activities for all to enjoy. From major theme park adventures to watching the five-time NBA champions, The San Antonio Spurs, play at the AT&T Center downtown, there is never a shortage of fun to be had in this booming city. The famed River Walk is always a fun choice for dining, a boat ride, or a leisurely stroll to entertain out-of-town guests. Plus, the Mexican food and Texas barbecue will keep your appetite satisfied! Located on the edge of the beautiful Texas Hill Country, enjoy nearby wineries and charming scenic getaways or experience the sights and sounds of Austin just an hour outside of the city.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- Medical License or are in the process of obtaining (Required)
Work Location: In person