Plans, organizes, directs, and controls the accounting and control function of the company and subsidiaries, reports operational results, and provides input for system improvements. Participates in operational and financial decision-making processes.
- Coordinates and administers an adequate plan for the control of operations. Such a plan provides profit planning, sales forecasts, expense budgets, accounts receivable, cost standards and saving opportunities, and capital investing, together with the necessary controls and procedures to effectuate the plan.
- Compares performance with operating plans and standards. Provides reports and interprets the results of operations to all levels of management. This includes the formulation of accounting policies, the preparation of financial statements and operating data, the coordination of systems and procedures, and special reports as required.
- Assures protection for the assets of the business through internal control, internal auditing, and ensuring proper insurance coverage.
- Keeps the Chief Executive Officer informed of the Company’s performance and provides advice on all financial matters.
- Monitors inventory levels and advises management regarding variances to budget.
- Develops and presents to the Chief Executive Officer matters requiring executive decisions.
- Assures that the duties, responsibilities, and authority of each job are clearly defined, effective, and communicated to incumbents.
- Assures that qualified personnel are selected and that orientation and on the job training programs are conducted and effective to meet the short- and long-range operating objectives.
- Acts within scope of authority and consistent with company and corporate objectives, guidelines, policies and practices.
- Ensures optimum performance of the function. Recommends and implements techniques to improve productivity, increase efficiencies, cut costs, take advantage of opportunities and maintain state of the art practices.
- Knowledge of revenue recognition guidelines.
- Sales, use, income, payroll, and other tax compliance experience.
- Keeps abreast of current trends and practices in field of expertise. Assumes other special activities and responsibilities from time to time as directed.
- Must provide the organization and its management with the appropriate financial and operating information necessary. Expected to work closely with other department groups on problems involving accounting systems, human resources, and financial planning.
- Must ensure Company policy is carried out or complied with, assisting other departments in forecasting personnel and financial needs, accelerating cash receipts and controlling disbursements, overseeing bank balances, maintain line of credit and banking relationships, recommending investment vehicles (and coordinating cash needs with investment), establishing and maintaining credit and collection procedures, controlling profit sharing records, and evaluating and implementing computerized accounting systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Five (5) years of experience gained through positions of finance in public or private accounting.
- Working knowledge of manual and automated accounting systems, well-developed financial analysis capabilities, and demonstrated ability to manage microcomputer operations and applications.
- Proven administrative leadership skills. Well-developed management skills and ability to maintain confidentiality on issues pertaining to finances, salaries, and other property issues.
- Excellent presentation skills supported by technical skills.
- Advanced degree Accounting or Finance.
- CPA and/or CMA designation.
- A minimum of two (2) years recent experience as a Controller with responsibility for accounts, budgeting, cost accounting, credit and collections, and finance.
Job Type: Full-time
- Finance: 5 years (Required)
- Controller: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bloomington, IN (Required)
- Certified Management Accountant (Preferred)
- Certified Public Accountant (Preferred)