Please Read this Job Post in its Entirety:
This internship is unpaid, but we do offer college credits and commissioned based pay for advertisement referrals. This position is a work from home opportunity which involves monthly face to face team meetings and weekly conference calls with the Editor-in-Chief and staff.
Please review our social media pages prior to applying to determine if this position will be a good fit for you. Instagram/Facebook: @GayeMagazine
Gaye Magazine is the hottest LGBT "blogazine "currently emerging in the social media sphere! With over 200 thousand weekly impressions on Instagram and a loyal following, whom we call The Gayes; we are proud to be taking our brand to the next level in media for our supporters!
Gaye is an American lifestyle, fashion, and entertainment online monthly magazine focused on the LGBTQIA community. Gaye magazine originated in November 2015 with the intent to reach people who have little to no voice within the community. Though primary content involves the African-American community, each publication showcases diversity to bridge the gap between all walks of life.
At Gaye, our mission is to embrace everyone everywhere to help educate, entertain, and empower through a positive platform. The success of the magazine stems from its unique community based focus. From every writer to every reader to every feature, we aim to place rising stars in the limelight because every step forward for one is a step forward for all.
Gaye is currently functioning as an online “Blogazine”, which is a mixture of a blog and a magazine. This concept involves our unique formula of funneling in readers by infusing an online community forum through blog style writing and social media posts with exclusive features presented in high quality within our digital monthly issues.
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated individual who will enjoy being committed to posting engaging social media content regarding LGBT news, trending topics, and celebrities on a consistent basis. By joining the Gaye team you will not only be embarking on a journey towards professional growth, you will also be contributing to help shape a more unified and informed society.
- Extremely well versed in LGBT culture and naturally knowledgeable of LGBT trends and celebrities/socialites.
- Adept to mobile technology/technology savvy, extremely active on social media, and always ready to report on the latest news and gossip.
- Extraordinary ability to demonstrate creativity to bring written articles to life through social media content.
- Strong interest in blogging, writing and publishing content for the LGBT community and pop culture.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Reliable, trustworthy, and ethical
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and create info graphics for articles to be published daily on Instagram.
- Format and optimize written articles from staff to be published on social media platforms.
- Engage with followers and respond to comments and direct messages.
- Create new initiatives for social media content in order to improve brand development and marketability.
- Implement social media strategies for all social media platforms we own.
- Manage clients’ social media publicity on all of our platforms.
- Provide weekly reporting and social analytics of content published on social media platforms
- Contribute unique insights to attribute to successes and opportunities for improvement
- Manage and monitor efforts in building online reviews and reputation.
- Develop and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship, Commission
- Social Media: 1 year (Required)
- Journalism: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- "Please list your answers to the following questions: 1) Are you a currently enrolled college student? 2) Are you available to attend weekly in-person team meetings, preferably on Sundays or Mondays? 3) As a social media manager intern your primary role will require you to be extremely knowledgeable of LGBT culture and celebrities within the African-American community. Please rate yourself on a scale of 1-10 your knowledge of African-American LGBT culture. In addition, please describe in detail how you plan to remain up to date to trending news and gossip within the LGBT community."
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift