We are seeking a Scientist to join a team on a Direct Hire basis at a growing manufacturing company in Libertyville. This day shift position is paying $85-95k per year and offering full benefits.
- Generates, conducts, evaluates and documents scientific studies for investigation and validation purposes in support of radiation (gamma, electron beam and x-ray) processing operations.
- Contributes to maintaining dosimetry systems for radiation sterilization processes in the medical device or pharmaceutical industry that comply to FDA regulations, ISO 9000, AAMI and ASTM standards.
- Assists facilities in maintaining dosimetry measurement equipment, calibrating dosimeters and training personnel.
- Completes statistical analyses of data to help make decisions to improve efficiency or support compliance related to dosimetry, solve issues relating to dosimeter equipment
- Provides general coaching and support for junior staff.
- Contributes to safe and accurate processing by notifying management of any event, item or document that may be a concern in regard to regulatory or specification compliance, Customer product quality, or employee safety. Has responsibility and authority to accept or reject activities, practices or policies in regard to these issues.
- Maintains a safe work environment by complying with safety procedures.
- Continuous Improvement through ensuring defect-free workmanship, assisting others to meet the Customer’s needs, searching for efficient and effective ways to reduce waste
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5+ years experience with sterilization procedures
- Ability to demonstrate mastery in mathematical and technical problem solving.
- Proficient with MS Office
- Able to complete complex statistical and data analysis using advanced statistical tools.
- Thorough knowledge of Quality Systems and working in a regulated environment.
- Thorough knowledge of Good Documentation Practices (GDP)
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00 to $95,000.00 /year
- relevant: 3 years (Required)