Status: Full Time, Employee
Job Category: Engineering, Testing
Relevant Work Experience: 2-4 Years of Experience
Career Level: Intermediate
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience
Travel Requirements: under 10% of time
Location: Kirkland, Washington
Bluetooth is the global wireless standard for simple, secure connectivity and the Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG), the company at the heart of the Bluetooth industry, is hiring! The Bluetooth SIG advances awareness of Bluetooth worldwide, oversees the development of new generations of Bluetooth technology, and provides the processes and tools for developers and product manufacturers around the world to build, test, qualify, and brand their Bluetooth products.
Our collaborative, fast-paced company culture and critical role in making the Internet of Things a reality provides you with a unique opportunity to collaborate with the companies that are creating the world’s most advanced products and for you to be a part of the vanguard of technology innovation.
Skills and Requirements
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- A driven problem solver with strong organizational and analytical skills with attention to detail
- Must have a tenacious investigative attitude
- Must be team-oriented and accountable
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in an Agile development environment with frequently changing requirements and features set
- Passionate about learning new tools and technologies
- Solid understanding of SDLC and the test discipline using Agile and TDD and experience applying these principles
- Practical experience with different types of testing, for e.g. black- box testing, white box, functional, GUI, system, regression, integration UAT and performance testing
- Practical experience with multiple technologies such as SharePoint, SQL Server, .NET, AJAX, ColdFusion, XML, SOAP, Bluetooth stack and protocol
- Practical experience writing PowerShell scripts to automate set-up of test environments and execution of automated tests
- Basic coding abilities(C#, Java or Python)
- Practical experience with Microsoft technologies like Visual Studio / Team Foundation Server, Microsoft Windows Server, IIS,CRM and SQL
- Experience in writing test automation using Selenium (Selenium Webdriver API) , or equivalent
- Strong customer empathy
- Collaborate extremely well with internal and external teams/groups to drive clarity and deliver tools
- Experienced in developing and executing planned tests against delivered functionality
Roles and Responsibilities
- Uses a working knowledge of the product/service, the customer/partner, and competitor products/services to contribute to innovative feature area designs that offer qualities beyond functionality by appealing to the customer’s sense of style, fun, and aesthetics.
- Provides feedback on the product/service design and vision in meetings post-mortem etc.
- Helps define his or her own role in the delivery of the product/service design
- Develops test interfaces that enable integration testing across groups of components to improve reuse.
- Drives test design reviews and applies existing technology to designs.
- Considers diagnosability, portability/monitoring, reliability, and maintainability, and understands when his or her code is ready to be shared and delivered.
- Acquires information on coding patterns and best practices
- Exposes test coverage issues, and implements functional and non-functional tests that identify gaps in integration and boundaries, and broad problem areas.
- Presents conclusions to Engineering peers that fully describe defects, their impact to feature areas, customer scenarios, and quality targets.
- Uses customer/partner knowledge to ensure that requirements are validated and that quality is improved throughout the product/service testing cycle.
- Has a sense of pride and personal accountability for the end-to-end product/service quality, completeness, and resulting user experience.
- Uses the product/service regularly to understand it thoroughly and discover ways to improve it.
- Ensures an aesthetically pleasing design, and a user experience that is simple, elegant, and useful.
- Initiates collaboration and provides assistance across disciplines to resolve issues outside of his or her area of responsibility to ensure the highest level of quality.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the product/service’s quality in use, and takes appropriate action to resolve issues throughout the life of the product/service.
Additional Skills for Consideration
- Ability to write Use cases by understanding the Customer/ Business need and thus testing the most used paths or scenarios thoroughly
- Learning to use BI tools
- Familiarity with Automated Build and CI process.
The Bluetooth SIG, Inc. has an excellent benefits package including heath, prescription drug, short-term and long-term disability, vision and dental coverage, life insurance, and 401(k).
Equal Employment Opportunity
Bluetooth SIG, Inc. is committed to providing equal opportunity employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No employee or applicant shall be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, National Guard or reserve unit obligation, or any other characteristic protected by law. Consistent with applicable federal and state law, Bluetooth SIG, Inc. will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of qualified applicants or employees unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the Company. A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment to a job, employment practice, or the work environment that makes it possible for an individual with a disability to enjoy an equal employment opportunity. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to, selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Vision Insurance