Dining Room Servers
About NHC Place at Cool Springs
NHC Place, Cool Springs, which opened in June 2004, was the first senior care community in Williamson County that included an Assisted Living Center and a multi-specialty Health Center on a single campus. NHC Place, Cool Springs distinguishes itself by providing residents and patients with just the right amount of care and service. We enable residents and patients to maintain their independence and good health for as long as possible, allowing them to age gracefully and with dignity.
At NHC, Care is our Business. Care that respects the individual. Care that promotes recovery, well-being and independence. Care that seeks to meet all standards of quality.
Build your career at NHC.
NHC Place, Cool Springs is committed to being a part of National HealthCare Corporation's mission to being the senior care leader in customer satisfaction. Our goal is to recruit only the highest quality partners (employees) whose commitment to quality care and customer service meet the standards for our fine community.
Benefits for Full-Time partners include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
Benefits for all partners working Full Time or Part Time:
- 401 (k) with company match
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Shift Differentials
- Competitive Pay
- Free Uniform
Performs specified duties within our dining services department in order to maintain high standards of quality food preparation, production, and service for all customers.
- Must have a sincere interest in food service and enjoy working with geriatric and other healthcare patients.
- Must have, or be willing to learn, food preparation and cooking skills.
- Must have knowledge of, or be willing to learn, therapeutic and modified diet information to use in preparing and serving patient trays.
- Must be able to read and interpret standardized recipes for quantity and quality food production.
- Must have knowledge of, or be willing to learn, correct sanitation procedures and use these on a daily basis.
- Must be willing to perform repetitive tasks daily.
- Must possess and use excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Must be able to read and understand labels on chemicals and MSDS sheets and be able to use these products safely and correctly.
- Must be in good mental and physical condition.
- Must work cooperatively and productively with all partners in Dietary and in all departments following established policies of the center.
- Must be willing to fulfill the responsibilities of the position, must be at work on time and during scheduled shift.
- Cooks may be required to have or obtain a Food Handlers Certificate or Sanitation Course, as required by state regulations.
- Must be able to work under supervision.
- * Must be able to be on feet standing or walking most of the working day and must be able to bend, stoop, squat, and twist numerous times daily.
- Must be able to lift 50-60 pounds, sweep and mop floors, and push/pull carts. Must be able to climb on safety ladders to perform cleaning, storage, or other duties.
- Must be able to carry out fine motor skills and manual dexterity requirements.
- Must possess mental acuity high enough to adequately perform job requirements.
- Must be able to see and hear adequately in order to respond to auditory and visual requests from patients as well as communicate with staff.
- Must be able to handle and use all food service equipment of standard height and design in demonstrating proper use in food preparation, service, and cleanliness or in actual use of equipment.
- Must be able to taste and smell foods to determine quality and palatability.
- Must be able to withstand changes of extreme temperatures while working around ranges in kitchens or entering walk-in freezer, etc. In dish room, must be able to work in a noisy room with a warm, moist, and odorous atmosphere.
- Must be alert and work safely and cautiously to avoid cuts and burns while working with kitchen equipment and to avoid falls while working on or near wet and slippery floors.
- Must not have any medical conditions which would endanger self or others if such should occur while in the Dietary Department or during patient contact.
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS REFLECT THE GENERAL DUTIES CONSIDERED NECESSARY TO DESCRIBE THE PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB AS IDENTIFIED, AND SHALL NOT BE CONSIDERED AS A DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF ALL THE WORK REQUIREMENTS THAT MAY BE INHERENT IN THE POSITION.
Please visit our website at: www.nhcplace.com and follow the link...Build Your Career at NHC... for a complete listing of available positions at NHC Place, Cool Springs.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Morning (Required)
- Mid-Day (Required)
- Evening (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Employee discounts
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
This job will require you to pass a background check: