We are living our Purpose – To Care Deeply about People, Helping them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides everything we do and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities - Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of our business goals.
Sunrise ShopRite in Parsippany is currently seeking a Part Time Catering Coordinator to join our team! This candidate would have outstanding customer service skills, thrive in a fast paced environment working with great people and awesome food service! This position is for someone that has a flexible schedule and can be here on holidays and most weekend days.
The Catering Coordinator is a Non-Affiliated Associate who is a main point of contact for receiving and recording all catering orders that are placed in person, on the phone or online. The Catering Coordinator must consistently be personable and a role model for hospitality in the store – with Associates and clients, as well as provide attentive, friendly and knowledgeable service.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships.
- Ability to use the telephone for over-the-phone orders.
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
- Ability to perform basic math skills.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Ability to use the computer for online orders.
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 60 lbs.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
- Have strong hospitality skills with a commitment to the delivery of excellent client services.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful way.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage the flow of catering orders – from the Customer and production side of the business.
- Maintain communication with Department Managers regarding orders/changes or any issues in a timely manner.
- Coordinate, schedule and communicate all pick-ups and deliveries to the Client, Department Managers, Customer Service, etc.
- Have product knowledge, (i.e. servings, amounts, cost, and complimentary items to suggest).
- Utilize Wakefern’s Order Ready On-Line catering tool to maximize data tracking.
- Utilize social media, and local events to continue to grow the ShopRite Kitchen catering brand.
- Develop and maintain Customer relationship processes, such as phone calls and hand written notes following an event to ensure satisfaction, reminder notes related to annual events such as birthdays, etc.
- Maintain signage on all items to alert Customers to product choices and ingredients.
- Perform all duties in accordance with all Federal, State and Local regulations as they pertain to the Catering operation (i.e. wearing approved hat or hair net, gloves, etc.).
- Be knowledgeable in the Company’s HAZCOM program and perform all duties in accordance with manufacturer’s label instructions for the safe and proper use of all chemical products.
- Dress and groom according to Company policy including uniform, name badge and hat or hair restraint requirements
We are excited to meet the right person for this dynamic role and get them started! In order to be considered further please go to ShopRite.com and fill out an application for the Parsippany ShopRite today!
Experience is a plus but reliability is a MUST! We look forward to meeting you!
Job Type: Full-time
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Casual dining restaurant
- Quick service & fast food restaurant
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: In person