- Basic Computer Skills
- CAD Software
- Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
The Lead Civil Designer is responsible for all CAD models and drawing deliverables on assigned projects. Projects are typically large industrial facilities located in North America. The Lead Civil Designer collaborates with Project Management, Lead Engineers from all disciplines, and construction partners to ensure a well-coordinated, quality design. Responsibilities of the Lead Civil Designer include but are not limited to the following:
- Work with the Lead Civil Engineer to develop project execution plans, schedules and budgets for all Civil Design activities
- Collaborate with Kiewit Construction partners during project planning and execution to develop optimal project designs
- Work closely with the Estimating department to develop preliminary design documents, project quantities and preliminary design documents for prospective projects.
- Develop design for an assigned project that may include grading plans, roadway plans, utility plans and other site improvements necessary to support the project. All design documents shall be derived from 3D Design models that may be utilized by Clients, Construction Partners or other design firms in the execution of project work.
- Utilize knowledge of departmental design standards and applicable codes to review prepared drawings and documents for conformance; work with civil department to ensure quality procedures are followed.
- Coordinate design efforts with project personnel in all disciplines and departments.
- Oversee design efforts executed by entry and mid-level employees. Assist with training and development, review work progress and results and provide feedback and recommendations as needed.
- Utilize CAD modeling packages and computer-aided drafting software in accordance with company standards and project requirements.
- Provide recommendations and suggestions on designs as well as company processes and standards.
- Work closely with Kiewit construction partners in a collaborative manner to ensure total project success.
- Working knowledge of site design including site grading, roadway design etc.
- Knowledge of basic spreadsheet, database, word processing programs and basic computer operation
- Advanced skills with computer assisted engineering and design software, preferably Autocad Civil 3D and/or MicroStation/Geopak
- Five to Fifteen years industry experience
- Experience with GIS, mapping programs, and Navisworks preferred but not required
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
- Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
- Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
- 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
- Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
- We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.