The successful candidate will be joining NBCUniversal at an exciting time where it is transforming from an operational cyber defense program to an intelligence and threat-based organization. NBCU is currently seeking an entry level team member to join the Risk Management Organization. In this role, the candidate will be responsible for day-today execution of programs aiming at reducing risk. S/he will get the opportunity to partner with various stakeholders to ensure comprehensive evaluation of risks and effective controls.
Key responsibilities include:
Manage periodic campaigns of user access reviews for important systems from kick-off through completion
Educate and raise awareness on access risks and controls
Assist stakeholders with control design and enhancements
Contribute to the overall program enhancements and drive automation with various IT and Cybersecurity stakeholders
Continuously identify, assess, measure and monitor information security risk and assist with remediation
Facilitate development, prioritization and rationalization of risk mitigation including audit action plans
Monitor completeness and sustainability of remediation efforts
Maintain deep understanding of organization wide objectives, interactions, issues and risks
Liaise with risk champions, application owners, control owners, risk SMEs such as Information Security, Internal Audit and specialized risk management teams
Contribute to enterprise IT Risk and Control awareness efforts
Stay abreast of current and emerging information risks that could impact NBCU, including current or proposed cyber and privacy legislation. Educate team and key stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree
- Knowledge of IT Risk Framework
- Knowledge of IT platforms, web, middleware, cloud services (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), database, operating systems, infrastructure and social media
- Strong analytic skills for problem analysis and resolution
- Experience with the MS office suite – Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc.
- Experience in Project Management
- 3-5 Years of experience with security, risk and privacy regulatory frameworks such as NIST, SOX, PCI, HIPAA, ISO, Safe Harbor, CSA, etc.
- This individual requires strong written, verbal communication and organizational skills as they will be working on multiple projects with technology stakeholders across the organization
- Confident, driven and dynamic
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to understand what matters for the business
- Self-starter who can function independently with limited direction
- Understanding of the concepts of information risks and the different elements that make up risk. In addition, have at a minimum a basic understanding of fundamental concepts of information security.
- Knowledge of the risks aligned with Media and Entertainment industry
- Experience in Governance, Risk and Compliance in a global environment
- Experience with IT GRC platforms, including the ability to drive maturity and enhancements to the platform, tools, and methodologies
- Ability to communicate with and coordinate the activities of others.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.