South Shore Stars runs an exciting summer day camp at Hale Reservation in Westwood for kids age 7-12. The summer camp offers enrichment programs such as archery, swimming, boating, arts & crafts, ropes course, music, drama, STEM, martial arts, robotics and camping/nature skills. We have groups of about 8-12 kids, and campers are grouped by grade, so whatever age group you like working with, we have a group for you!
We offer free bus transportation from Randolph, Quincy and Weymouth to Hale Reservation each morning at 7:30am and afternoon at 4:00. If you have a 7D license, you can earn extra income for driving our vans or being extended day staff. Come have a fun and rewarding summer at Camp!
Job Description – Movement Specialist:
The Movement Specialist develops curriculum consisting of sequences of movement, either improvised or purposefully selected, in alignment with Stars selected Social Emotional Learning (SEL) skills as well as targeted academic outcomes whenever appropriate.
- This is a seasonal program. The program operates from July 3, 2023 to August 25, 2023.
- Submit activity calendar outlining two activities per week for each of the four camp units.
- Develop lesson plans with specifically outlined strategies to support SEL target outcomes for review by the academic coordinator.
- Create inventory supply list.
- Develop minimally two rain day activities for large groups for all four units.
- Facilitate 5-6 activity periods per day enlisting the assistance of table counselors.
- At least one year experience working in a camp or out of school time program.
- First Aid and CPR certified.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience working with people of different ages and backgrounds.
Reports to: Assistant Camp Director
- All South Shore Stars employees should be able to lift at least 40 lbs and work in a non-sedentary environment.
South Shore Stars provides comprehensive early education and youth development programs that enhance the optimal growth of children from economically and culturally diverse families, using a family support approach in collaboration with schools and other service providers.
Four core goals form the foundation of our work:
- Help each child reach their full development potential
- Facilitate positive youth development
- Improve academic achievement for students at-risk of academic failure
At Stars, we are working to build an inclusive culture where difference is valued and the diverse voices of our employees are encouraged, supported, and celebrated. We believe diversity benefits and enriches the development of our staff, the children, and families we serve and the communities we serve. At Stars, we will work to find intentional ways to grow in our understanding and support of others, based on: Age ~ gender and gender identity ~ race ~socio-economic status ~ sexual orientation ~ physical or mental ability~ ethnicity~ veteran status ~education status ~religious or spiritual beliefs At Stars, we believe the power of diversity enriches us all by exposing us to a range of ways to understand and embrace the world. We commit to do the work of including diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work. We understand that our work around this is on-going, and we pledge to continually find new ways of growing into this statement.
Equal Opportunity Employer
South Shore Stars is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and agency need.
Job Type: Temporary
Pay: $18.50 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person