JOB TITLE: Human Resources Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources/Finance
QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma, GED, or equivalent college courses and prior experience in human resources preferred. Familiarity with Microsoft Office software
The Human Resources (HR) Assistant reports to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and helps with the administration of the day-to-day operations. The COO directs EXCELth’ s Human Resources Department and oversees employee relations, compensation and benefits, recruitment, hiring, and onboarding. The HR Assistant helps with the implementation of services, policies, and programs aimed at maintaining a safe, positive environment at EXCELth, INC, as well as the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. The HR Assistant reports to the HR Director and CFO. The HR Assistant also assists company managers with HR issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the HR Director with various human resource policies and procedures for all company personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares employee handbook and maintains policies and procedures manual.
- Assist with new hire/onboarding process, including new hire paperwork, verification, background checks, etc. Coordinates with other departments to ensure that new employees are properly set up/equipped their first day of work
- Assist with recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students, and temporary employees; assist with new-employee orientations; writes and places advertisements.
- Assist with performance management and improvement tracking systems through annual employee evaluations.
- Serves as a liaison for employee relations and company-wide committee facilitation, assist with communication between the company and employees.
- Assist with compensation and benefits administration and recordkeeping and pay roll functions
- Assist with maintaining employee safety, welfare, wellness, and health reporting
- Maintains HR files and filing system
- Assist with benefits administration, including enrollment, claims resolution, change reporting, reviewing invoices for payment and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Assist with managing PTO, Disability, Leave of Absence/FMLA program.
- Coordinates employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database. Supports payroll process by maintaining current employee information in Paychex system.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Work a flexible schedule as needed.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Applications including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
EXCELth, INC. offers its employees a competitive compensation package. Among the benefits is paid time off, paid holidays, company contributed 403(B) program, health, dental plans, and life insurance, short- and long-term disability benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Microsoft Office Software: 1 year (Preferred)
- Human Resources: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction