FULL TIME DEPUTY CLERK
CRIMINAL / TRAFFIC DIVISION
TOLEDO MUNICIPAL CLERK OF COURT
Performs real-time data entry of court proceedings in the courtroom. Must be able to update CLIP with speed and accuracy. Must have professional appearance and demeanor. Must work well with other court employees.
Performs other updating duties. May be assigned to help with other areas of the Clerk’s office, depending on workload and staffing requirements.
Directly reports to the Floor Supervisor of the Criminal / Traffic Division.
Hours of Work
Normal working hours 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday. Must be able to stay late if court runs over.
- Answer phone calls from the public
- Fills in for absent deputy clerks in courtrooms
- Performs other work as required
- Ability to perform varied data-entry tasks and type 35+ wpm
- Satisfactory criminal record check
- Excellent attendance and tardiness record
- Excellent disciplinary record
- Experience in court procedures
- Ability to work well under pressure
- High School Diploma or GED
- Indoors in a busy environment with exposure to noise, heat and cold
- Public contact requiring appropriate business-like apparel
- Frequently works at a fast pace with unscheduled interruptions
- Standing, Stooping, Bending, and Reaching
- Mobility among various locations within the Court Building
- Carrying up to 25 lbs of weight on an occasional basis
- Knowledge of CLIP Station 3
- Familiar with courtroom etiquette
- Professional Appearance and Demeanor
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with other court personnel and attorneys
- Demonstrated ability to sort and prioritize work
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee. Job responsibilities are subject to change based upon the needs of the office.
Rate of Pay
Start Rate 17.01
After Probation 18.23
After 2 years 19.43
After 3 years 20.68
After 4 years 21.89
After 7 years 23.11
After 10 years 24.32
- 2 weeks of Vacation time is earned after one full year of service.
- 7 hours of sick time is accrued on a monthly basis.
- Health benefits are provided through the City of Toledo. The monthly premium for single employee coverage is $94 per month; single employee plus one dependent is $160; and family coverage is $166.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $17.01 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location