Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Director, Ambulatory Finance (Ministry) who:
Acts as a Financial Business Partner to the ambulatory business leaders. Fosters a partnership built on exceptional service, deep business acumen and financial expertise. Contributes to the sustained success of the business through identification of opportunities and risks. Drives initiatives to support the Ministry in achieving its strategic objectives. Supervises and directs the activities of various levels of assigned personnel using both professional and supervisory discretion and independent judgment.
- Optimizes financial performance by identifying and prioritizing business challenges, risks and opportunities, and developing approaches to address them. Enhances decision making by proactively providing meaningful, actionable insights, advice and recommendations to the functional and business leaders. Elevates partnership with businesses by driving and supporting business initiatives, and increasing the depth and breadth (value) of the services provided. Leads with an operational focus, setting strategy, objectives and policies.
- Increases the long-term success of the business by participating in strategy development and planning, facilitating the long-term financial planning process and developing metrics to monitor the performance against strategic objectives. Improves the quality of reporting and analytics by improving availability and accessibility of financial information, and increasing the relevance and sophistication of insight/analysis. Improves organizational efficiency/effectiveness by leading internal change and providing regular/actionable feedback from business partners. Supports an efficient and effective Planning and Forecasting process that produces accurate, achievable and aligned results by providing key input/challenge during the planning processes. Collaborates with System leaders to align annual plans with strategic priorities and delivers analytics that indicate the impact of choices made. Optimizes and protects the system's assets by ensuring financial information is trustworthy and adequate controls are in place to maintain integrity around use of capital assets. Establishes operational objectives for the department including work plans and delegating assignments to team.
- Upgrades talent by investing in additional training for business partners, developing opportunities and acting on feedback leadership and business partners. Supports Ministry operations to meet the financial demands/needs of their designated business, e.g., Care Delivery, Out-Patient, Clinics and Service Lines. Acts as a key advisor to senior management on the development of overall policy and long-term goals of the department(s).
- Controls planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, and recommending and implementing changes to methods. Prepares department(s) budgets and recommends for approval.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Required
- Master's Degree: Preferred
- Seven years technical experience: Preferred
- Five years leadership experience: Preferred
Job Type: Full-time