Position Summary: Under general supervision, recruits experienced and student over the road, regional, dedicated drivers, rehires and Hub drivers. Maintain standards as outlined by West Side Transport policy and standards in regards to hiring of drivers.
Education and Experience: Previous experience in recruiting or call center. Knowledge of hiring procedures, DOT regulations and the transportation industry a plus. Ability to work in a fast paced sales environment. Must have good computer skills and be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Use provided marketing material to generate interest from provided applicants along with generating your own additional leads.
- Visit truck school class rooms giving presentations on our student training program.
- Handle inbound and outbound phone calls from potential drivers concerning possible employment with West Side and inform drivers of the available positions based on their experience and hiring zones
- Pre-qualify drivers to ensure they meet West Side’s minimum qualifications and hiring guidelines by conducting phone interviews, completing the driver’s application, reviewing job history, background checks, moving violations and accidents for all potential drivers.
- Finalize the hiring process by scheduling the driver for orientation and organize arrangements for travel and lodging. Verify travel and assist orientation coordinator.
- Work with other departments to review questionable applicants.
- Assists with various company projects involving competitor’s information gathering, driver retention efforts, company morale projects and company public relations events.
- Track call and application advertising sources and assist with the advertising placement for driver recruiting as requested.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Handle all driver issues as they arise during the orientation process.
To apply - Please respond to this post with a copy of your resume, or apply online at https://westsidetransport.com/employment-app/
Job Type: Full-time