- Basic Computer Skills
- Retirement Plan
- Disability Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
The Rare Wine Co. -- the country's most revered source for impeccably cellared examples of old & rare wine -- is looking for a bright, motivated and hard-working individual that enjoys making a difference every day.
We are committed to providing our employees great pay & benefits and fulfilling career through:
- The best compensation package in the business: industry competitive hourly wage + end of year bonus based on company profit and individual performance, 401k, excellent health insurance (premium 90% covered by the RWC), dental and disability insurance (100% covered by the company) + a generous amount of time-off.
- Continuous learning, including regular tasting of wines from the deepest retail cellar in the country.
- An Excellent work environment: a great group of people who are fun to work with and a fast-paced, startup atmosphere
- A top-notch employee purchase program
- Potential for growth and advancement -- we expect greatness from our people and reward outstanding contribution with advancement
As a Sales representative, initially, the majority of your time will be spent answering phones and emails and entering orders. As your operations improve, your responsibilities will increase to helping offer wines directly to clients.
- You must...
- Possess a strong interest (or even passion) for well-made wine and more than basic knowledge
- Have at least 2 years experience in the wine business
- Be comfortable "wearing a number of different hats" multitasking to take care of your daily responsibilities while being distracted by customer challenges
- Know how to provide outstanding customer service -- specifically, knowing how to cheerfully communicate with others, especially when solving problems
- Be incredibly detail oriented -- in the rare wine business minor differences in wines make a substantial difference.
- Work well with others
- Be computer literate (Microsoft Excel skills and a general familiarity of order entry software is a must)
Please also note that we prefer someone with a flexible schedule (work hours & work days) who can work occasional overtime as needed.
Please send a resume and cover letter telling us why you’re excited about this position and sharing your relevant experience. Resumes without a cover letter will not be reviewed.