Job Summary: Reporting to the designated supervisor, the Inside Sales Representative acts as a tactical partner by building and maintaining customer/client relationships in order to grow the business. The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with assigned customers including individual dealers, dealer groups, institutional accounts and others resulting in sales. Assist the Outside Sales Representatives and General Sales Manager (GSM) in servicing dealer relationships, development of new business, retention of existing business and any other duties and responsibilities required. The Inside Sales Representative will educate clients on new and existing services to meet the overall company goals. Perform all duties assigned by the GSM or designated supervisor. Must know, practice, and ensure that company policies, procedures, and applicable state and federal laws are followed at all times.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Make sure customers receive prompt and courteous service both on the phone and in person. Utilize proper email and text etiquette with every customer and maintain a professional appearance.
- Be familiar with procedures for handling all aspects of customer service. Deliver excellent customer service which will impact each auction’s monthly CSI score.
- Resolve any customer complaints in a friendly, courteous manner. Advise the designated supervisor or GSM of all serious complaints or incidences.
- Contact dealers on a daily basis to solicit and develop new buy and sell business via telephone and internet. Maintain current customers and act as liaison for Outside Sales Representatives, consignment dealers and auction personnel. Complete a minimum number calls as set by your supervisor or manager.
- Perform sale day duties as set by designated supervisor. This includes, but not limited to, customer service, IF duties, block representation, and post sale reporting.
- Properly use and navigation ADESA’s CRM to log calls, run reports, and view dashboards.
- Building strong ADESA.com customer relationships through training, education and awareness to match the customer’s needs to the product offerings. Navigate and educate customers on all aspects of ADESA.com and smart phone applications.
- Responsible for impacting and achieving overall sales goals. Practice and promote teamwork at all times. Set a good personal example of attitude and performance.
- Communicate with all departments to ensure proper marketing of sale inventory and maximize vehicle exposure for sale.
- Monitor all local competition and recommend competitive strategies to supervisor.
- Make sure all Department area conditions do not threaten employee or customer safety. Respond to and follow proper procedures on employee and customer accidents, injuries, and loss or damage to any property. Report all incidents immediately. Practice and instruct all employees in proper loss prevention and reaction procedures. Report all incidents properly and immediately.
Educational Requirements and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- A minimum of one (1) to (3) three years of Inside Sales, account management and/or customer service experience preferred. Enthusiastic and persuasive personality is required. Previous auction experience preferred. Prior experience with sales and sales management tracking databases, such as Salesforce.com, with emphasis on accurate documentation is preferred. Automotive background would be helpful.
- Strong computer ability with basic knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to work independently and exercise good business judgment and discretion to analyze and address opportunities.
- Strong multitasking skills along with the ability to adapt to changing work environments.
- Demonstrated ability to learn, retain and articulate product related information and provide unscripted responses on appropriate subject matter.
- Highly articulate and persuasive verbal, written communication and listening skills.
- Consultative selling and closing skills or the aptitude to learn these skills.
- Must be qualified to operate a motor vehicle and possess a valid driver’s license.
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
Salary: $16.00 /hour
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)