IT Business Analyst
Utica First Insurance – Oriskany, NY
The Utica First Insurance Company has an immediate opening for an IT Business Analyst within our Information Technology department. We are seeking an individual with technical IT background and project development skills. The IT Business Analyst will need a moderate to strong IT skill set and will work with the claims department to maintain and support changes to the claims system. The successful candidate will be a key member of the IT implementation team and assist with integration efforts associated with implementation of a new policy administrations system.
- This position will require a degree of technical skills. A solid understanding of systems, application development, integration skills and systems implementation background is needed.
- Desire a functional knowledge of insurance systems and applications.
- Desire a knowledge of ASP, SQL Server, .Net, Active X, Powershell and Object Oriented Programming.
- Past experience as an IT project coordinator, delivery lead or experience with systems development will be helpful. As part of a team, you will assist with development of project approach, timeline, estimates and plans.
- Experience with business analysis, business processes, process mapping, process improvement and measurement
- Strong communication skills with a high degree of accountability needed. Will require good relationship building skills and ability to operate effectively with business units.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide support for business rules, configuration, workflow and system modifications for insurance applications. Apply and track application updates, fixes and software patches for the systems work. Provide level-of-effort sizing. Contribute to resource and project
- Perform administrational and configuration updating to support the integration efforts involving a new policy administration system.
- Provide assistance with the creation and management of business requirements and business requirement documents. Create and update documentation for installed solutions.
- Work with various software vendors to refine interface requirements between the claims systems, policy administration systems and financial systems. Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of the various integration points.
- Monitor and track the progress of the project plans, participate in review sessions and serve as primary point of contact for IT issues. Effectively escalate issues, risks, or dependencies to management
- Serve as IT liaison with the business community. Coordinate efforts of IT staff and facilitate communication between IT department and business subject matter experts. Facilitate resolution of internal IT issues related to the project
- Perform testing work for applications. Create ‘use cases’ and coordinate matrix testing with the business units. Perform QA role.
- Perform claims systems administration. Provide support for Claims Desktop, Financials, Operational Reporting, Creation of Automated Rules/Activities, Forms & Correspondence, Task Templates and New Report creation.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year accredited college or university.
- Minimum five (5) of experience with solid IT skills and business analyst background. Preference to experience in property/casualty claims systems.
Please forward your resume’ to: employment@ uticafirst.com, or mail to:
Utica First Insurance Company
PO Box 851
Utica, NY 13503-0851
Utica First conducts pre-employment screening examinations designed to prevent hiring individuals who use illegal drugs or individuals whose use of legal drugs indicate a potential for impaired or unsafe job performance. Any potential hire for Utica First will undergo screening for the presence of illegal drugs as a condition for employment. Utica First will not discriminate against applicants for employment because of past abuse of drugs.
Utica First Insurance is a regional property and casualty Insurance company located in theOneida County Industrial Park in Oriskany, NY. We have been in business for over 115 years. Utica First is an A rated company (Excellent) by AMBest.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time