Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information.
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing BB&T Accessibility or by calling 866-362-6451. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary:
Language Fluency: English (Required)
1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Participate in daily operational function of Branch, being responsible for delivery of superior quality service while adhering to corporate, regulatory and audit guidelines. Provide timely and efficient completion of client transactions while maintaining accurate records and thorough proper handling of all monies assigned. Deliver superior quality service in-person or by phone, identifying and understanding the client’s financial needs. Proactively engage clients in conversation, assisting with making appropriate product recommendations, opening and servicing basic accounts or referring the client to a financial partner.
Note: Branch Banker levels I and II will be differentiated primarily based upon experience and operational and servicing complexity. Branch Banker levels I and II will generally be asked to provide basic sales and service support to clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Perform transactions such as accepting deposits and loan payments, verifying cash and endorsements, cashing checks within limits and obtaining further authorization when necessary, issuing money orders, cashier’s checks and redeeming savings bonds.
2. Perform more complex transactions (with assistance as necessary) such as:
a. large commercial deposits;
b. close out transactions;
c. cash advances.
3. Provide professional client service, which includes, but is not limited to: performing accurate transactions, welcome the client, smiling, using the client’s name during the transaction, and thanking each client for his or her business.
4. Handle proportionate volume of work based on branch demands.
5. Adhere to internal controls, operational procedures as outlined in Branch Operations Manual (BOM), and risk management policies. Stay abreast of all changes in policies and procedures to ensure compliance with current guidelines.
6. Support team sales process by making client calls, checking for client offers, and identifying client needs or opportunities fulfilling the need or referring the client to the appropriate branch team members or specialist.
7. Ensures high-level of client service by performing basic client service maintenance (e.g. account reconciliation, address changes, stop payments, transfer, processing check orders).
8. Serve as secondary (back-up) contact for new account openings and problem resolution, cross-selling or referring applicable products and services to clients and prospects.
9. Continue to grow in role and support team sales efforts by attending weekly sales, service, and product knowledge meetings.
10. Responsible for attending applicable training classes and completing computer-based training.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. High School diploma, or equivalent education and related training
2. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including a desire to interact with clients and prospects
3. Ability to master personal computer (PC) keyboard and software skills necessary for branch automation
4. Ability to multi-task under time restraints
5. Ability to speak fluent English
6. Ability to complete Bank training required for Branch Bankers
7. Ability to lift a minimum of 30 lbs
8. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
9. Ability to work weekends and/or extended hours and regular; reliable attendance is critical
10. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
1. Associate’s degree, or equivalent education and related training.
2. One year of client sales or service experience